Sycamores 9-0 vs #7 Vanderbilt???

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby FearDaTrees » November 10th, 2011, 11:35 pm

I was just looking through the Sycamores non-conference schedule and I really believe the Sycamores will be 9-0 when they head to Vanderbilt to face the Commodores. Also, I am a little confused by the fact ISU plays UL-Monroe twice and neither is in a tournament? IDK but it should be a couple cake walk wins. Anyways, here is the schedule for the Syc's.

11/11- E. ILL
11/14- @ UL-Monroe
11/18- Ball St.
11/21- UW-GB
OLD SPICE CLASSIC 11/24-27
1st Rd- Texas Tech
2nd Rd- Minnesota/DePaul
3rd Rd- Dayton, Wake Forest, Arizona St., Fairfield
12/03- @ Boise St.
12/10- Maryville (Mo.)
12/17- @ #7 Vanderbilt
12/21- UL Monroe....again, really?

So there it is. They will run through the first 4 with ease ( I pray) and the Old Spice Classic is pretty weak this year. We have to beat some "major teams" in Tex Tech and Minn to get to the championship round but I think that is very possible. Most likely playing Fairfield...as strange as that sounds but that's probably the best team in the bottom half of the bracket. Then at Boise St. and followed by a warm up against Maryville (Mo.) before the showdown against Vandy. Could be great pub for the MVC if both teams are playing head to head undefeated. Anyways, good luck to all MVC teams in the non-conference.....we need it this year.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Sycamores 9-0 vs #7 Vanderbilt???

Postby MSUDuo » November 11th, 2011, 7:24 am

Glad you have confidence in your team. However, I don't think you make it there. Minnesota and Dayton are traditionally better programs then ISU-b and it looks like Minnesota could be one of the better teams int he B1G this year...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby hot nuts » November 11th, 2011, 7:49 am

Hard to beat superfan pre-season enthusiasm and optimism. :Yea!: Every fan should have this as long as they come back down to earth if reality is harsher than thought. Hey, as of now....go Sycamores, 9 - 0! WOOOOOOOOOO!
hot nuts
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jaycat17 » November 11th, 2011, 9:48 am

When you say Maryville (MO) do you mean Northwest Missouri State, a DII team?? Talk about playing both sides of the spectrum in back-to-back games...
jaycat17
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoBraves » November 11th, 2011, 10:15 am

FearDaTrees wrote:I was just looking through the Sycamores non-conference schedule and I really believe the Sycamores will be 9-0 when they head to Vanderbilt to face the Commodores. Also, I am a little confused by the fact ISU plays UL-Monroe twice and neither is in a tournament? IDK but it should be a couple cake walk wins. Anyways, here is the schedule for the Syc's.

11/11- E. ILL
11/14- @ UL-Monroe
11/18- Ball St.
11/21- UW-GB
OLD SPICE CLASSIC 11/24-27
1st Rd- Texas Tech
2nd Rd- Minnesota/DePaul
3rd Rd- Dayton, Wake Forest, Arizona St., Fairfield
12/03- @ Boise St.
12/10- Maryville (Mo.)
12/17- @ #7 Vanderbilt
12/21- UL Monroe....again, really?

A little overconfident? That's a first among ISU-blue fans! :D
I wish the best for them anyways.
But I think 7-2 would be darn good for them.
I think you guys lose to either Ball St. or Wisc-GB, 2nd or 3rd round in Old Spice Classic.
The game at Boise will not be a cupcake game either.
I'm going with an optimistic 8-3 for the non-conf. for the Trees.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » November 11th, 2011, 11:28 am

jaycat17 wrote:When you say Maryville (MO) do you mean Northwest Missouri State, a DII team?? Talk about playing both sides of the spectrum in back-to-back games...

No, it's Maryville University of St. Louis. That is confusing because N.W. Missouri St. is in the city of Maryville, while Maryville University is nowhere near Maryville. But both are D-2 teams.
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 2livewu » November 11th, 2011, 11:50 am

Pretty sure the thread should read #7 Sycamores 9-0 vs #4 Vanderbilt in the game of the century.

I would think the Trees would have their hands full against a solid Minnesota team. The rest of that schedule is weak to awful. I'll take all the pub the Valley can get. It would be nice to see some programs stepping up, outside the Valley.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » November 11th, 2011, 1:08 pm

I will give 3-1 odds that the Sycs don't start 9-0. You bet $5 to win $15. Any takers?
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 11th, 2011, 1:18 pm

I love optimism. But I also love realism. While it is possible they could be 9-0, I put it in the same likelihood as Olivia Wild knocking on my door Sunday and telling me that she really wants to follow my fantasy football team with me. But know this Tree fans I still hope of my scenario happening so you shouldn't loose hope either.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » November 11th, 2011, 1:54 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I love optimism. But I also love realism. While it is possible they could be 9-0, I put it in the same likelihood as Olivia Wild knocking on my door Sunday and telling me that she really wants to follow my fantasy football team with me. But know this Tree fans I still hope of my scenario happening so you shouldn't loose hope either.
When did you begin to love realism?
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball