Sycamores 9-0 vs #7 Vanderbilt???

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sycamores 9-0 vs #7 Vanderbilt???

Postby 2livewu » November 13th, 2011, 6:52 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:This is very disappointing. I really thought Vandy was one of the best teams in the country.

That's not surprising considering you and other Sycamore fans think Indiana State is amongst the elite teams in the country.

Vandy will be fine, but this is just another example of the quality basketball that is played at a lot of places, and not just BCS locales.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » November 13th, 2011, 11:48 pm

sycamorestateofmind wrote:
2livewu wrote:Somebody better tell the Trees to close out Eastern Illinois before they win the next 8. Up 5 inside the last media TO.

This aint accurate, EIU played a good game and the Sycs were in the Big Dance last year, they are going to get everyone's best effort - just kno dat right now!

Uh, guy, IndSU got an auto bid and was a 14 seed. That doesn't get a target put on your back. That gets you into the same category as Bucknell, St. Peters, and Wofford. I'd consider those teams disappointing buy games if WSU scheduled them.

Making the NCAA tournament is an accomplishment. Getting a 14 seed is a sign of no respect. Those are supposed to be reserved for SWAC and Southland auto bids. Getting a 17-point beat down in the first round is an indication that "no respect" was accurate.

I think I'll go check how St. Peters is doing. I'm sure they're struggling because of the target they have on their back based on their amazing one-and-done run in the NCAA tourney.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 14th, 2011, 12:04 am

Aargh wrote:
sycamorestateofmind wrote:
2livewu wrote:Somebody better tell the Trees to close out Eastern Illinois before they win the next 8. Up 5 inside the last media TO.

This aint accurate, EIU played a good game and the Sycs were in the Big Dance last year, they are going to get everyone's best effort - just kno dat right now!

Uh, guy, IndSU got an auto bid and was a 14 seed. That doesn't get a target put on your back. That gets you into the same category as Bucknell, St. Peters, and Wofford. I'd consider those teams disappointing buy games if WSU scheduled them.

Making the NCAA tournament is an accomplishment. Getting a 14 seed is a sign of no respect. Those are supposed to be reserved for SWAC and Southland auto bids. Getting a 17-point beat down in the first round is an indication that "no respect" was accurate.

I think I'll go check how St. Peters is doing. I'm sure they're struggling because of the target they have on their back based on their amazing one-and-done run in the NCAA tourney.

Great post
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 14th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Wichita State, Missouri State, Creighton, and Indiana State all wear bullseyes in the preseason part of the schedule. WSU for winning the NIT, MSU for winning the Valley, CU for the hype, and Indiana State because of three games in St. Louis. Kids get jacked up to play the Trees no matter what the seed was. You can't tell me that people don't want to beat us when we were the Valley champ either. More Valley teams that usual have targets on there backs this year.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » November 14th, 2011, 1:40 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Wichita State, Missouri State, Creighton, and Indiana State all wear bullseyes in the preseason part of the schedule. WSU for winning the NIT, MSU for winning the Valley, CU for the hype, and Indiana State because of three games in St. Louis. Kids get jacked up to play the Trees no matter what the seed was. You can't tell me that people don't want to beat us when we were the Valley champ either. More Valley teams that usual have targets on there backs this year.

:lol:
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Heinro » November 14th, 2011, 1:57 pm

Aargh wrote:That gets you into the same category as Bucknell, St. Peters, and Wofford. I'd consider those teams disappointing buy games if WSU scheduled them.

Your standards are obviously way to high. You are telling me you would consider them disappointing bye games when we currently are having to schedule Newman, Chicago St., etc?

In 06' we played Northwestern St. and Delaware St, who would be considered in that category. Northwestern St. took us down to the wire and ended up winning in the first round of the NCAAs, the other won every conference game until their tourney championship, and both were key RPI teams later in the season. To say that would you consider those games disappointing makes you look like a fool, there isn't a single Valley team that would rather have to schedule the Chicago St.'s of the world, well except Illinois St.

My resurgence on ValleyTalk/MVC Fans makes me remember how arrogant and backhanded some of my WSU brethren are. After the UE win vs. Butler all I see are backhanded comments about how EU somehow wins with their football style basketball and that if Colt Ryan goes down they are done, the same thing could be said for Stutz or Hall in my opinion. I sense a little envy in the insults to ISU. They did what we didn't and still haven't done. Yeah they are a little full of themselves for the time being but which fan base isn't when their time comes.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » November 14th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Okay, maybe Bucknell would get past the smell test, but St. Peters and Wofford aren't what I'd be looking for as a "decent" home game.

Show me an NCAA team that got an auto bid and a 14 seed on a WSU schedule and I'm not going to think they have a "target on their back". That's a buy team that any decent Valley team should expect to beat.

Then there's Casey's assertion that half the league has a target on their backs. That's not possible. Sure, there are a lot of teams that don't require pep talks to get the players ready to go, but "surprise, surprise", it's CU who has the target this year. Not the team that made the NCAA's. Not the team that won the NIT. It's the team that's favored to win the league.

When a thread has a title claiming something unreasonable, and the author of that title makes a statement like "the Sycs were in the Big Dance last year, they are going to get everyone's best effort - just kno dat right now! ". That's just asking for an attempt to end the delusion - and you can just know dat right now! Eleventy-eleven.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » November 14th, 2011, 3:43 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Kids get jacked up to play the Trees no matter what the seed was.

Quite possibly THE most fantastic post of all time.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jays26 » November 14th, 2011, 4:30 pm

2livewu wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Kids get jacked up to play the Trees no matter what the seed was.

It's been a really crappy Monday but that quote from Casey made me fall over laughing. :D
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aces0976 » November 14th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Jays26 wrote:
2livewu wrote:

It's been a really crappy Monday but that quote from Casey made me fall over laughing. :D

He does know that Larry Bird no longer plays for them, right?????
Aces0976
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball