Sycamores 9-0 vs #7 Vanderbilt???

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Sycamores 9-0 vs #7 Vanderbilt???

Postby 2livewu » November 14th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Sad thing is, I don't think he even has a clue who Larry Bird is.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » November 14th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Heinro wrote:
Aargh wrote:That gets you into the same category as Bucknell, St. Peters, and Wofford. I'd consider those teams disappointing buy games if WSU scheduled them.

Your standards are obviously way to high. You are telling me you would consider them disappointing bye games when we currently are having to schedule Newman, Chicago St., etc?

In 06' we played Northwestern St. and Delaware St, who would be considered in that category. Northwestern St. took us down to the wire and ended up winning in the first round of the NCAAs, the other won every conference game until their tourney championship, and both were key RPI teams later in the season. To say that would you consider those games disappointing makes you look like a fool, there isn't a single Valley team that would rather have to schedule the Chicago St.'s of the world, well except Illinois St.

My resurgence on ValleyTalk/MVC Fans makes me remember how arrogant and backhanded some of my WSU brethren are. After the UE win vs. Butler all I see are backhanded comments about how EU somehow wins with their football style basketball and that if Colt Ryan goes down they are done, the same thing could be said for Stutz or Hall in my opinion. I sense a little envy in the insults to ISU. They did what we didn't and still haven't done. Yeah they are a little full of themselves for the time being but which fan base isn't when their time comes.

Heinro, you needed to be here 6 months ago to read what 2 or 3 Trees fans were asserting. Projecting 9 wins to start the season is backing down a bit from some of the off season talk.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 27th, 2011, 5:37 pm

Does anyone else have any opinions on whether or not Indiana State will start the season at 9-0 or is the jury still out?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » November 27th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Well, considering that ISU lost to Minnesota, I suppose the matter is settled.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby DUBulldog » November 27th, 2011, 5:42 pm

MoValley John wrote:Does anyone else have any opinions on whether or not Indiana State will start the season at 9-0 or is the jury still out?

Fear da Trees was also 9-0 in his betting. The jury is still out on that, too.

:Cheers:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby FearDaTrees » November 27th, 2011, 5:44 pm

8-1 isn't so bad..... :D
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Kip Dynamite » November 27th, 2011, 5:45 pm

pafan wrote:Well, considering that ISU lost to Minnesota, I suppose the matter is settled.

??? Did that game actually count?
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » November 27th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Kip Dynamite wrote:
pafan wrote:Well, considering that ISU lost to Minnesota, I suppose the matter is settled.

??? Did that game actually count?

Apparently, no.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » November 27th, 2011, 6:37 pm

To be fair Indiana State was undefeated longer than Vanderbilt was at #7. So not only will the Sycs not be 9-0, but Vanderbilt will not be #7 either.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » November 27th, 2011, 9:32 pm

WellI think I speak for everyone on this board when I say that they should postpone this game until Vanderbilt returns to #7 slot and Indiana State works their way back to an undefeated position. What a letdown.
Does Doug Elgin know about this horse shi*? If you see him, please don't tell him because he's had this showdown circled on his desk calendar since the schedules came out.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball