Pre Season Freshmen Of The Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Pre Season Freshmen Of The Year

Postby WuDrWu » September 16th, 2010, 3:13 pm

Indiana State has a kid who I hear is really solid. I should know his name, but I don't. I think he is a redshirt freshman. I'll figure out his name, but that's my pick. The combination of skill and available PT I think will make him a valuable player.

The easy pick is Rice. It's probably the best pick too, but I like to go out on a limb.
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » September 16th, 2010, 8:32 pm

WuDrWu wrote:Indiana State has a kid who I hear is really solid. I should know his name, but I don't. I think he is a redshirt freshman. I'll figure out his name, but that's my pick. The combination of skill and available PT I think will make him a valuable player.

Jake Odum?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » September 16th, 2010, 9:41 pm

going to go with UE newest recruit
Jordan Jahr: "Jordan can really shoot it. He has good size, good range, passes the ball well, and knows how to handle the ball. He has the potential to flourish in our system."

Jahr averaged 15 points and 6.0 rebounds in 2009-10 at Air Force Prep after earning first team all-state honors one year earlier as a senior at Lake Travis High School. He averaged 16 points, 9.3 rebounds, and shot 41 percent from 3-point range and 80 percent at the free throw line
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » September 17th, 2010, 8:11 am

wrdrwu likely is referring to Odom I'd guess...RJ Mahurin (the other redshirt frosh) does remind my bro a little of Dane Watts so he could surprise some but Odom is a true PG w/ some quicks...my only question for him is will he get enough PT? He could if Jake Kelly plays off guard...

I think I'll go with Rayvonte Rice as well...easy pick yes but somebody has to fill in for Young as the go to scorer on the team.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bigdawg » September 17th, 2010, 8:16 am

I'd be interested to see a list of the past 10 or so winners to see how many come from teams that finish well vs poor teams. I'd guess more come from poor teams due to increased playing time but I could be wrong.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » September 17th, 2010, 9:21 am

Whats up losers. Making my first appearance here and going to be a homer. Since SIU should suck so much, playing time should be plentiful. I know he isn't eligible until 2nd semester but I am going to go with Diamond Taylor. He originally signed with Wisconsin, a Big 10 transfer, even one that never played should dominate the Valley right. :D
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » September 17th, 2010, 9:48 am

I personally think it will come down to either Rice or Scheer this year as both are excellent athletes. Here is what ESPN says about both of them.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college ... vonte-rice

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... han-scheer
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby saluki762 » September 17th, 2010, 10:12 am

Diamond Taylor ranks higher on ESPN. :D

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... ond-taylor
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bigdawg » September 17th, 2010, 10:20 am

Notes
AAU Team: Illinois Wolves...Illinois, Wake Forest, Indiana, Iowa and Purdue also showed interest...Transferred to Bolingbrook for his senior year...Withdrew from Wisconsin following his arrest on charges of burglary and underage drinking (9/09)...Transferred to Southern Illinois...

Isn't the comment in bold on the ESPN anaylsis the reason he's at SIU? He might be a player, but he's got some serious baggage.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » September 17th, 2010, 10:40 am

sixth ace wrote:going to go with UE newest recruit
Jordan Jahr: "Jordan can really shoot it. He has good size, good range, passes the ball well, and knows how to handle the ball.

Shouldn't you be able to make another conference team first?
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball