Pre Season Freshmen Of The Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby CLAWINBALL » September 15th, 2010, 3:49 pm

I'll go with Nathan Scheer of Missouri State. 8-)
CLAWINBALL
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Pre Season Freshmen Of The Year

Postby LJay » September 15th, 2010, 8:10 pm

I don't know who or what Nathan Sheer is and I'll say the same for every other team's freshmen but my own so who knows. The kid at Drake has the biggest scrapbook so I'll go with him but again I couldn't tell you his name or pick him out of a police lineup. (Que Drake fan talking about his massive muscles!!)
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 15th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Can it be a redshirt freshman? If yes, Jon Ekey from Illinois State. From what I saw this summer (and yes, I know it doesn't always carry over to games) this kid is good. My best way of describing him would be a Koch brother with exceptional athleticism. He's skinny, but has very good length and jumping ability. He one of those players that's always disrupting passing lanes with his long reach. He also has a very good mid to long range jumper.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » September 16th, 2010, 8:27 am

45otseoj wrote:Can it be a redshirt freshman? If yes, Jon Ekey from Illinois State. From what I saw this summer (and yes, I know it doesn't always carry over to games) this kid is good. My best way of describing him would be a Koch brother with exceptional athleticism. He's skinny, but has very good length and jumping ability. He one of those players that's always disrupting passing lanes with his long reach. He also has a very good mid to long range jumper.

By that respect, I would imagine you would have to give Prosser at BU a look too. Not sure what the kid will end up doing, but I know the BU guys talked him up a big deal last year until they redshirted him.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » September 16th, 2010, 8:45 am

If BU's Andrew Davis can emerge as a serviceable center, he would have the best chance to be the impact frosh for BU. I think Prosser could make an impact, I'm just not sure where his minutes are going to come from with Egolf and TB ahead of sharing time at the 4.
Last edited by squirrel on September 16th, 2010, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » September 16th, 2010, 9:02 am

Rayvonte Rice for Drake. I like him alot. Still pissed Bradley didn't recruit him harder.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 45otseoj » September 16th, 2010, 9:43 am

squirrel wrote:If BU's Anthony Davis can emerge as a serviceable center, he would have the best chance to be the impact frosh for BU. I think Prosser could make an impact, I'm just not sure where his minutes are going to come from with Egolf and TB ahead of sharing time at the 4.

Anthony Davis? http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college ... d%3d110861
Or Andrew Davis? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... drew-davis
:twisted:
I've met Andrew Davis. Very nice kid. Very intelligent. Makes Sticks look like Hulk Hogan.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby bcg » September 16th, 2010, 10:41 am

I don't think any Bradley freshmen will be on the All-freshmen team basically because they probably won't get the needed playing time. A guy like Prosser might be very valuable to Bradley this year in a reserve role, but it's doubtful that he'll put up big numbers.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby squirrel » September 16th, 2010, 12:36 pm

45otseoj wrote:
squirrel wrote:If BU's Anthony Davis can emerge as a serviceable center, he would have the best chance to be the impact frosh for BU. I think Prosser could make an impact, I'm just not sure where his minutes are going to come from with Egolf and TB ahead of sharing time at the 4.

I've met Andrew Davis. Very nice kid. Very intelligent. Makes Sticks look like Hulk Hogan.

:lol: Yeah...Andrew Davis. (edited above) From all accounts, that's what I hear. I don't know much about his skill set truthfully, but the preview books and personal accounts all seem to indicate that he could make an impact.

I'm not saying he'd be enough to be on the all-Frosh team. And to show I'm not a hater, that's not because he isn't good; it's that the 5 is de-emphasized in BU's offense. But I do think if he can be a stabilizer, he can make an impact for Bradley and be a difference maker for the team so that it can keep teams honest.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 16th, 2010, 1:12 pm

squirrel wrote:
45otseoj wrote:

:lol: Yeah...Andrew Davis. (edited above) From all accounts, that's what I hear. I don't know much about his skill set truthfully, but the preview books and personal accounts all seem to indicate that he could make an impact.

I'm not saying he'd be enough to be on the all-Frosh team. And to show I'm not a hater, that's not because he isn't good; it's that the 5 is de-emphasized in BU's offense. But I do think if he can be a stabilizer, he can make an impact for Bradley and be a difference maker for the team so that it can keep teams honest.

What are expecting out of Thompson? If he could finally get going Bradley would be my pick for 2nd.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball