Pre Season Freshmen Of The Year

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Pre Season Freshmen Of The Year

Postby Shockerfan13 » September 17th, 2010, 1:38 pm

saluki762 wrote:Whats up losers. Making my first appearance here and going to be a homer. Since SIU should suck so much, playing time should be plentiful. I know he isn't eligible until 2nd semester but I am going to go with Diamond Taylor. He originally signed with Wisconsin, a Big 10 transfer, even one that never played should dominate the Valley right. :D

Tony Freeman round 2....
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby saluki762 » September 17th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:
saluki762 wrote:Whats up losers. Making my first appearance here and going to be a homer. Since SIU should suck so much, playing time should be plentiful. I know he isn't eligible until 2nd semester but I am going to go with Diamond Taylor. He originally signed with Wisconsin, a Big 10 transfer, even one that never played should dominate the Valley right. :D

Tony Freeman round 2....

...or Jake Kelly

:D :D :D :D :D
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » September 17th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Jake Kelly is going to the NBA.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » September 17th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I guess you might have to look at who is going to have a freshman who is expected to play a big role for their team. My guess for now would be Rice with Drake since they will be looking for someone to fill Young's scoring shoes. I don't know that WSU or MSU will be needing any freshman to step into big roles.

SIU has Taylor who may be asked to do a lot, but that also assumes Lowery has figured out how to put in an offense.

I'll throw a name out there from UNI. Chip Rank. He comes in and may step into Adam Koch's starting spot at the 4 (Jake Koch can/has/does play the 5). 6'6" strong player with demeanor that has been described as similar to Lucas O'Rear but with a good shooting touch. We also have a RS Fr guard who has a chance to fill the Ali role, but I think he will be a reserve this year behind Sonnen and James.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SirShoxAlot » September 21st, 2010, 10:46 am

Colt Ryan. Again.

He's just that amazing.
SirShoxAlot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Little Eddie » September 22nd, 2010, 9:28 am

WuDrWu wrote:
Little Eddie wrote:wrdrwu likely is referring to Odom I'd guess...RJ Mahurin (the other redshirt frosh) does remind my bro a little of Dane Watts so he could surprise some but Odom is a true PG w/ some quicks...my only question for him is will he get enough PT? He could if Jake Kelly plays off guard...

I think I'll go with Rayvonte Rice as well...easy pick yes but somebody has to fill in for Young as the go to scorer on the team.

Did Odom or RJ go to Europe LittleE?

Sorry Wu...that was RJ...he was a little gimpy over there so didn't light things up much. I remember my brother speaking highly of him last year when introducing him to some people after the Drake away game...he may have just been in good spirits after notching the road W though?
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball