Who should the Shockers fear in Puerto Rico?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who should the Shockers fear in Puerto Rico?

Postby SportsFan JasonK » November 15th, 2011, 4:08 pm

Wichita State should fear Colorado.

In recent years the Shockers have lost to Northern Arizona, Utah State, San Diego State, Nevada, Stanford, USC and New Mexico. This year they play the best team from Colorado, the best team from Nevada, the best team from Utah, and a so-so team from California. 0 for 4? Wichita could win this tournament. But better find a way to beat western teams before worrying about Bama.
SportsFan JasonK
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » November 15th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Bama's inside game will take advantage of WSU's? You have a pretty good 7 foot center don't you? :huh:

By the way I don't know what to say about Casey's post other than I disagree with pretty much everything.

The master's degree thing is a joke from the Bears forum. An old one. I'm not sure why he would put it in play here? And Marshal has proven he's a good coach.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 15th, 2011, 6:56 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Yes WSU beating Bama would be huge. I can't disagree with that.

Gregg is a winner but not a champion like a lot of those other coaches. That is the difference.

If MSU was in this field I would fear no one. I would respect everybody. Bama has some tremendous athletes so that would be tough but I'd love to play Purdue because Lusk would know everything and he is already really bright since he has his masters degree.

I've backed off of you lately, simply because I don't think you're altogether "there". But this, I couldn't let go.

This is was another patented dumb post. Marshall isn't a champion, huh? Despite the NIT Championship last year, he did win 7 straight Big South Championships while at Wimthrop and you're saying he's not a champion? And your round-about defense of that is that Paul Lusk has a bachelor's degree? :Bam:

Seriously, get some help because I'm getting tired of you making my brain hurt.

I'm aware of Gregg's Big South titles and the NIT but that isn't the big time as much as I repsect the Nit. The Big South titles are nice but that league really isn't much. You are right that he is a champion in that sense though. I think you missed my point there but I won't dwell on it or insinuate that you aren't altogether "there." Turg has gone far in March, Grant has done similarly at VCU, and Dunphy and Painter have won in major leagues like the A10 and the Big Ten plus the Ivy League for Fran as well. Marshall does have a better resume than Boyle at this point but is a little too boisterous and self serving for my tastes.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUShock » November 15th, 2011, 7:06 pm

Colorado and then we will see...

Go Valley!!

Go Shocks!!!!
DUShock
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby RoyalShock » November 16th, 2011, 8:21 am

SportsFan JasonK wrote:Wichita State should fear Colorado.

In recent years the Shockers have lost to Northern Arizona, Utah State, San Diego State, Nevada, Stanford, USC and New Mexico. This year they play the best team from Colorado, the best team from Nevada, the best team from Utah, and a so-so team from California. 0 for 4? Wichita could win this tournament. But better find a way to beat western teams before worrying about Bama.

Not quite accurate. The best team from Utah is Weber St. Utah St. beat BYU and Weber St. beat Utah State. We don't play Weber St. :)
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball