Who should the Shockers fear in Puerto Rico?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Who should the Shockers fear in Puerto Rico?

Postby Wufan » November 15th, 2011, 7:48 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
2livewu wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:If I was Wichita most every team in that field would worry me. There are a heck of a lot of good coaches in that field. Turgeon, Grant, Dunphy, Boyle, and Painter in particular. I would be very surprised if the Shockers made it to the final. Wouldn't shock me if they went 1-2 but they have enough talent to go 2-1 themselves.

The field is strong enough for WSU to go 0-3 but I would like to think the Valley is strong enough to at least have us favored over Western Michigan, but we all know Gregg is way in over his head with these coaches, so you may be spot on.

Let's also call a spade a spade. The monumental whipping of Nevada aside, WSU beating Alabama, the 15th ranked team in the country, would likely be seen as the best out of conference win in the Valley this season.

Agreed?

Just curious Casey, but since you are MSU, if MSU and WSU switched places, would most every team worry you, or only, potentially, Alabama and perhaps Purdue?

Yes WSU beating Bama would be huge. I can't disagree with that.

Gregg is a winner but not a champion like a lot of those other coaches. That is the difference.

If MSU was in this field I would fear no one. I would respect everybody. Bama has some tremendous athletes so that would be tough but I'd love to play Purdue because Lusk would know everything and he is already really bright since he has his masters degree.

Oh my! Aside from everything else that is absurd and bizarre about your post, having a Masters degree (or any degree) has nothing to do with being bright and is totally irrelevant.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocktheheart » November 15th, 2011, 8:34 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
2livewu wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:If I was Wichita most every team in that field would worry me. There are a heck of a lot of good coaches in that field. Turgeon, Grant, Dunphy, Boyle, and Painter in particular. I would be very surprised if the Shockers made it to the final. Wouldn't shock me if they went 1-2 but they have enough talent to go 2-1 themselves.

The field is strong enough for WSU to go 0-3 but I would like to think the Valley is strong enough to at least have us favored over Western Michigan, but we all know Gregg is way in over his head with these coaches, so you may be spot on.

Let's also call a spade a spade. The monumental whipping of Nevada aside, WSU beating Alabama, the 15th ranked team in the country, would likely be seen as the best out of conference win in the Valley this season.

Agreed?

Just curious Casey, but since you are MSU, if MSU and WSU switched places, would most every team worry you, or only, potentially, Alabama and perhaps Purdue?

Yes WSU beating Bama would be huge. I can't disagree with that.

Gregg is a winner but not a champion like a lot of those other coaches. That is the difference.

If MSU was in this field I would fear no one. I would respect everybody. Bama has some tremendous athletes so that would be tough but I'd love to play Purdue because Lusk would know everything and he is already really bright since he has his masters degree.

You do realize WSU won the NIT Championship with Gregg as their coach last year correct?
“I’m gonna punch you in the ovary, that’s what I’m gonna do. A straight shot, right to the babymaker.”
shocktheheart
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 15th, 2011, 11:11 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Yes WSU beating Bama would be huge. I can't disagree with that.

I've backed off of you lately, simply because I don't think you're altogether "there". But this, I couldn't let go.

This is was another patented dumb post. Marshall isn't a champion, huh? Despite the NIT Championship last year, he did win 7 straight Big South Championships while at Wimthrop and you're saying he's not a champion? And your round-about defense of that is that Paul Lusk has a bachelor's degree? :Bam:

Seriously, get some help because I'm getting tired of you making my brain hurt.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 15th, 2011, 12:27 pm

I think I have done a fairly decent job of not posting a bunch of garbage. That said, the last few posts beg, no SCREAM for the following youtube clip.

http://youtu.be/hcC3cEuXIVI
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » November 15th, 2011, 12:31 pm

[quote="WSUbballer" After that, I'm well aware of Alabama's horses. That would be a tough get and we would be big dogs in that one. quote]
Casey's craziness to the side, I am curious as to why, other than the national media's endorsement, you'd see yourselves as "big dogs" to a team you handled convincingly and quite frankly were superior to the last game of last year ? I know they return much of their team, but it seems to me most WSU supporters see this year's team as better than last years or at least to have the potential to be . On a neutral court, I'd think this game was a push with the slightest of edges to Alabama if any.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShockValue » November 15th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Colorado. It's the only game that matters.
ShockValue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jayball » November 15th, 2011, 1:17 pm

How many former WSU coaches can you fit into one tourney?

Good luck WSU. Those would be some nice Ws on the resume.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » November 15th, 2011, 1:39 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:[quote="WSUbballer" After that, I'm well aware of Alabama's horses. That would be a tough get and we would be big dogs in that one. quote]
Casey's craziness to the side, I am curious as to why, other than the national media's endorsement, you'd see yourselves as "big dogs" to a team you handled convincingly and quite frankly were superior to the last game of last year ? I know they return much of their team, but it seems to me most WSU supporters see this year's team as better than last years or at least to have the potential to be . On a neutral court, I'd think this game was a push with the slightest of edges to Alabama if any.[/quote]

I think he's referring to national perception. We are not expected to win and it's too early to know exactly what we've got and what the competition has. I expect a win, but I always expect a win.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » November 15th, 2011, 1:58 pm

I can't imagine Bama being more than about a 5 point favorite over us should we match up. I also think we'd match up quite nicely and give them a hell of a game. I also believe that we'd win that game. Bama won't be overlooking us should that game happen either. No matter how badly they destroy Maryland on Thursday.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » November 15th, 2011, 2:06 pm

BEARZ77 wrote: Casey's craziness to the side, I am curious as to why, other than the national media's endorsement, you'd see yourselves as "big dogs" to a team you handled convincingly and quite frankly were superior to the last game of last year ? I know they return much of their team, but it seems to me most WSU supporters see this year's team as better than last years or at least to have the potential to be . On a neutral court, I'd think this game was a push with the slightest of edges to Alabama if any.

Big dogs may have been a little harsh, but we will be decent dogs for sure. Bama is a legitimate Top 15 team. Their inside game could really take advantage of ours. Our outside play could help counterattack. Last year is last year. This year is this year. If anyone has an advantage based on last year, it's Bama, which brings back more.

We aren't a top 25 team. Even in a neutral setting, I don't see this as an even matchup. I do hope that I am wrong though.

But first thing's first... and that is Colorado.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball