So called better athletes

True post presence

Evansville is not supposed to win:

Lesser conference

Less-touted recruits

Good players who are developed into better players

Not as athletic

No true post presence

The Aces have to play well and the Hoosiers need to play poorly for us to win. Our post players cannot allow Zeller to have a record game. We have to shoot and hit 45% of our threes.

I now will pray to the same basketball Gods that helped us against Butler.

Go Aces
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Indiana at Evansville

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Indiana at Evansville

Postby sixth ace » November 15th, 2011, 6:23 pm

Can we get the better refs this time? :huh:

I do have a question tho... Cody Zeller is a freshman? What happen to freshman aren't able to compete their first year at this level mentality... or is it only for Big Ten freshman and Creighton's . I respect what Mc Dermott did his freshman year and hope that Cody has a great year. but to catagoricaly wipe out a class of student athletes as sub par for a year is beyond me :huh:
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 15th, 2011, 6:32 pm

There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » November 15th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Cody is going to go to town on the aces. Andrew Smith went off and Cody is 5 times the player he is. The aces have a chance to win but no chance at stopping Cody.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 15th, 2011, 8:02 pm

sixth ace wrote:Can we get the better refs this time? :huh:

I do have a question tho... Cody Zeller is a freshman? What happen to freshman aren't able to compete their first year at this level mentality... or is it only for Big Ten freshman and Creighton's . I respect what Mc Dermott did his freshman year and hope that Cody has a great year. but to catagoricaly wipe out a class of student athletes as sub par for a year is beyond me :huh:

What the heck are you talking about?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » November 16th, 2011, 3:14 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
sixth ace wrote:Can we get the better refs this time? :huh:

What the heck are you talking about?

A certain poster whose son is on the Aces basketball staff thinks that the Aces freshmen are nothing special, and certainly will not contribute anything this year. Certain, more optomistic Aces fans, think differently.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 16th, 2011, 7:37 am

Big game Aces. Beat those chumps.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby havoc » November 16th, 2011, 8:07 am

Evansville is only getting 4.5 points. If I weren't an Aces fan, I'd probably take some of that action.

Honestly, remove Cody Zeller and these teams are probably pretty evenly matched. If he is like his brother last year and starts out slow in Evansville, the Aces will have a chance. If not, or if the Aces can't get him into foul trouble, that 4.5 points will get demolished.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby acesfool » November 16th, 2011, 9:00 am

This is basically the same two teams that played at IU last year. The Aces are weaker in the post while IU is better in the post, IU -4.5 is as close to a lock as I have seen since UNC only giving around 11 at UE last year.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jackwagon » November 16th, 2011, 9:43 am

acesfool wrote:This is basically the same two teams that played at IU last year. The Aces are weaker in the post while IU is better in the post, IU -4.5 is as close to a lock as I have seen since UNC only giving around 11 at UE last year.

nowhere near the same IU team. They did not lose anyone from last year and added Zeller. Also Sheehey and Oladipo look 100times better this season compared to last. IU is probably an NIT team this season.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball