Indiana at Evansville

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana at Evansville

Postby havoc » November 16th, 2011, 10:11 am

jackwagon wrote:
acesfool wrote:This is basically the same two teams that played at IU last year. The Aces are weaker in the post while IU is better in the post, IU -4.5 is as close to a lock as I have seen since UNC only giving around 11 at UE last year.

nowhere near the same IU team. They did not lose anyone from last year and added Zeller. Also Sheehey and Oladipo look 100times better this season compared to last. IU is probably an NIT team this season.

It's hard to judge player's improvement against Stony Brook and Chattanooga.

Also, IU's leading scoring from last years UE game, Maurice Creek, won't be playing, so it's hard to say they did not lose anyone from last year.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jackwagon » November 16th, 2011, 12:35 pm

U'll see tonight. Those two were raw true fr last year and now look ready to contribute. Creek hardly helped IU last season so the e-ville game must of been one of his few bright spots. Honestly I'm expecting an IU win by ten but hope i'm wrong and the valley continues its hot start.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sect.3purple » November 16th, 2011, 1:23 pm

From this die-hard Aces fan, I can say this IU team is MUCH better than last year's team. Why? Very simple....Zeller. I think he's the best of the three Zeller brothers. He clogs up the middle and he plays like a guard on the drive. He will be big trouble for a team like our Aces, with no one under the basket who matches him in size. That means the Aces will have to overfight, overachieve, and overplay once again. So, what's new? I hope our outside shooters, and we have several of them this year, are on. I do know one thing...this team of ours will scrap and fight the entire game, so I am hoping for another upset. I'll wait till IU's next game to cheer for my 2nd-favorite team. Go Aces!
sect.3purple
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » November 16th, 2011, 3:10 pm

I don't know. Nic Moore would have beaten Zeller out for Mr. Basketball if it weren't for Zellers last name. I think when the two were pinned up against each other in their Sr. seasons Moore outperformed him.

I am hoping we got the better player in the long run. Although rumor had it that had Hummel not returned to Purdue, Moore would be a Boilermaker right now.

Zeller is good, but he is still a freshman. We will find out tonight. Good Luck Aces. Go get another for the valley.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » November 16th, 2011, 3:24 pm

I would love to see E'ville pull this one out but IU has looked really good in their first 2 games.

IU-84
UE-71
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » November 16th, 2011, 6:13 pm

MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby FeartheQ » November 16th, 2011, 6:16 pm

MVCfans wrote:Link to view the game: http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9233 ... ville.html

also on ESPN3
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby AndShock » November 16th, 2011, 7:09 pm

In unsurprising news, Evansville is getting owned inside.

11-3 Indiana
16:31
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ace Dad » November 16th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Hoosiers dominating

43-22 with 3 minutes before half. Scoring lay ups.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 16th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Make it a game at least!
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball