When Lowrey is fired.....

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: When Lowrey is fired.....

Postby TylerDurden » November 17th, 2011, 9:48 am

troutangler wrote:Is this the time when the MSU fans get to tell another school "You need to keep Lowery. Who else better are you going to get???".

After all, that's what we heard when Missouri State refused to fire Barruh for what seemed like a decade.

Wait, when did MSU do anything better than what Barry did during the time since he left?

Barry had NIT bids and losses at Arch Madness finals.

They won a regular season title in a one-bid MVC. Last year's MSU team would have been a mid-pack team in 2006 or 2007.

MSU fans were ready for a change and that's fine, but let's not act like they went to the NCAA Tournament after he left.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RoyalShock » November 17th, 2011, 10:10 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:When Lowrey gets fired does SIU go outside for the hire or does SIU look at Rodney Watson? And does Lowrey last the entire year or gone mid season? I don't care about any buy outs, it shouldn't even be in the discussion. Lowrey's time is up. I don't even think Ace Dad can justify him staying.

When they fire him they have to go outside the program. They have to bring someone fresh in. There is just no way they could hire an assistant off this terrible staff otherwise they would just continue down this road. To blame it all on Lowery and not on his assistants too is dumb. They all need to take blame for driving this program straight into the ground.

Actually, they don't HAVE to. From reading their board, the guy they wanted at one time, Rodney Watson, is a member of the SIU family and currently at, I think, the University of Southern Indiana.

So the option is there. We have no idea which way is the best way to go, unless someone here has a flux capacitor and a stash of plutonium or Mr. Fusion.

Lowery should have the honor to go to his AD and negotiate a smaller buyout of his contract and resign. I'm pretty sure he can feed his family on a couple hundred grand over the next 2-3 years.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby pafan » November 17th, 2011, 6:56 pm

Rodney Watson was an assistant at SIU during the good years (1994-2009). Its not clear exactly what motivated him to leave SIU, although it doesn't take huge imagination to guess that he was tired of C-Lo too.

He's proven himself to be a pretty darn good head coach at Southern Indiana, and I think he's a no-brainer to be Lowrey's successor in Carbondale.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby shockem » November 18th, 2011, 7:42 am

It took wsu 20 years to dig out of a hole created by an incompetent assistant coach hire.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball