Bradley defeats SEMO

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Bradley defeats SEMO

Postby isumvc1 » November 16th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Taylor Brown hits a layup and gets fouled with 4.6 seconds left, hits the FT to give BU a 66-65 lead, then SEMO misses their last second shot. Braves escape and avoid losing to another OVC team, I think last season EIU beat them?
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Bradley defeats SEMO

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley defeats SEMO

Postby WSUbballer » November 16th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Better than an L.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 16th, 2011, 9:15 pm

I guess it's a win. And yes, at this point in the season, Bradley is better than SIU. Maybe even ISU Red.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » November 16th, 2011, 9:59 pm

SEMO isnt awful this year. They have some talent. Again, Bradley isn't good but maybe won't finish last. I will take the win at this point. Bradley has NO depth. Basically six guys play, maybe seven.

Taylor Brown was in foul trouble but scored the last 7 points for BU including the game winners. He might lead the league in scoring--not because hes that great (he is good) but he will get a lot of shots and play a lot of minutes.

Another good game for sophomore post guy Jordan Prosser. 15 pts, 8 rebs. Simms Edwards with 13 pts, Walt Lemon Jr. had 11 pts, 4 assists and freshman Shayok Shayok broke out some. He had 10 points, 4 rebs, 3 asts and hit two big threes in the second half.

The Braves play North Dakota at home on Saturday night.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » November 16th, 2011, 9:59 pm

Delete
Last edited by tribecalledquest on November 16th, 2011, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 16th, 2011, 10:08 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:SEMO isnt awful this year.

Define not being awful. Having a .500 record in the OVC? I don't think they will be anything better than mediocre
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » November 16th, 2011, 10:13 pm

FeartheQ wrote:

Define not being awful. Having a .500 record in the OVC? I don't think they will be anything better than mediocre

Yes....500 in the OVC is not awful. Awful is 8-9 D1 wins. SEMO won't be that bad.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » November 17th, 2011, 9:41 am

MVC fans should love it if BU can win the majority of its non-conference games this year. It helps everyone. One point or one hundred, a win is a win is a win.

Now if the other Illinois schools could beat any of the teams on their schedule, we might have something.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdmanBB » November 17th, 2011, 10:41 am

TylerDurden wrote:MVC fans should love it if BU can win the majority of its non-conference games this year. It helps everyone. One point or one hundred, a win is a win is a win.

Now if the other Illinois schools could beat any of the teams on their schedule, we might have something.

It's just two games. Besides, we have plenty of tasty cupcakes on our schedule just like SEMO and UMKC.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby RoyalShock » November 17th, 2011, 10:54 am

FeartheQ wrote:

Wait a sec . . . you already know what SEMO's conference record is going to be? Sweet trick! Can you do that for Valley teams, too?
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball