strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: Wichita State vs Colorado on ESPNU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » November 17th, 2011, 8:47 pm

I don't think Alabama is all that great. And Purdue gave up 90 points to Iona today. Wichita could easily come out of this tournament as the champ.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 17th, 2011, 9:08 pm

valleychamp wrote:I don't think Alabama is all that great. And Purdue gave up 90 points to Iona today. Wichita could easily come out of this tournament as the champ.

I think Temple will take care of Purdue.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby The Color Purple » November 17th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Were those gray uni's the only ones they have for away games? I thought WSU looked very impressive during most of the game and don't get as much credit on defense as they should. I hope to see a similar result vs. Alabama. Should be a good rematch.
The Color Purple
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby 2livewu » November 17th, 2011, 9:13 pm

valleychamp wrote:I don't think Alabama is all that great. And Purdue gave up 90 points to Iona today. Wichita could easily come out of this tournament as the champ.

You're delusional. Alabama has 3 dynamite players and a decent supporting cast. Green alone is more a man than the combined posts of about 6 Valley schools.

Alabama is ranked 16th in the country. They don't think they are good...they are really good.

A supreme effort, one a lot better than this evening's, will be needed to have a chance to win. There are 3 NCAA teams left in this tourney....the big question is are there 4?
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » November 17th, 2011, 9:17 pm

2livewu wrote:

You're delusional. Alabama has 3 dynamite players and a decent supporting cast. Green alone is more a man than the combined posts of about 6 Valley schools.

Alabama is ranked 16th in the country. They don't think they are good...they are really good.

A supreme effort, one a lot better than this evening's, will be needed to have a chance to win. There are 3 NCAA teams left in this tourney....the big question is are there 4?

All I said was that I don't think they are great. They are definitely beatable. Quit trying to build them up into some powerhouse. Shockers handled them last year in the NIT.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » November 17th, 2011, 9:20 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:
valleychamp wrote:Stutz continues to underwhelm.

14 points, 11 rebounds, 1 block, 1 stl and only 1 turnover - Marshall needs to cut him.

C'mon now, Snaggletooth, it wasn't the most impressive double double. He also got swatted a bunch in the first half, turned the ball over and played soft on defense. Orukpe, who didn't score a point, clogged the lane much better.

He had 2 shots blocked in the 1st half - if that is a bunch then okay. When Shocks needed points because the guards went cold in the 2nd and CU made a run they went to Stutz. Stutz broke CU back. Stutz also pulled down rebounds when they really needed them.

Orupke didn't play much in the 2nd half - there was a reason for that - he didn't really have a good game (but Marshall talked about that - sometime he good, sometime he's not). The player I was most disappointed with was Hall - he's suppose to be a beast on the boards and he just didn't look good tonight.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » November 17th, 2011, 9:22 pm

The Color Purple wrote:Were those gray uni's the only ones they have for away games?

Yes. WSU didn't get any black uni's this year. I really don't care for them and the yellow trim around the black doesn't work at all. I don't recall anyone asking my opinion before they ordered the gray unis.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 17th, 2011, 9:28 pm

valleychamp wrote:
2livewu wrote:

All I said was that I don't think they are great. They are definitely beatable. Quit trying to build them up into some powerhouse. Shockers handled them last year in the NIT.

That was a different Shocker team. And this is a more experienced Alabama team. As wu said, they are 16th for a reason. They may have not been flashy, but they are as tough as nails on defense. And as a fan of a school who likes to win ugly, I'm surprised you didn't notice this.

I only wish it were a breeze tomorrow night, like you seem to think, when it's not gonna be anywhere close to that. WSU will be dogs in that one.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TylerDurden » November 17th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Nice win, Shox.

I agree with some earlier posts. Toss it inside to the big guy. He can score down there and open it up for the shooters.

Go beat Bama.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball