Indiana State vs Ball State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby FearDaTrees » November 17th, 2011, 1:17 pm

A little bit of an in state rivalry here. This will be ISU's first test of the season and will really give us an idea of where ISU is at right now. Ball State played Arizona very well in their first game but this is the same Arizona team that lost to a D2 school in an exhibition. I personally think Ball St. has a good chance to make the dance this year by winning that conference. Either way this is a big game for the Sycamores. If we win I think we are undefeated going into the Old Spice Classic which is exactly what we need. The game starts at 5 pm EST tomorrow because the girls are hosting a WNIT game after that.

GO SYC'S!
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Indiana State vs Ball State

Postby jackwagon » November 18th, 2011, 12:01 pm

Underrated game here. Ball State is a very solid mid major team this year and they have an outstanding center. Trees need to show up and get a good win for the valley. If we managed to sweep tonight it would be hugggeeee for the conference
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 18th, 2011, 1:47 pm

Of the three games today, this is the only one that I absolutely expect the MVC to win. If either of the other two teams playing today win, it is gravy, but Indy St can't lose to Ball State.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » November 18th, 2011, 4:59 pm

38-19 In St leads at half. I guess Ball St. isn't as good as we thought....or ISU is that good.. :D
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » November 18th, 2011, 6:00 pm

I'll go with Ball State not being as good as we thought...ISUb as shown the same so far
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MVCfans » November 18th, 2011, 8:05 pm

Indiana State really struggled in the 2nd half, but fortunately their halftime lead was insurmountable. Sycs win 57-50.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby TheTorontoValley » November 18th, 2011, 11:10 pm

MSUDuo wrote:I'll go with Ball State not being as good as we thought...ISUb as shown the same so far

Indiana State isn't going to be the type of team that blows teams out. I think this team will have a tendency to play up to the level of their opponent, or conversely, down to their level. They were clicking well in the 1st half today, and played very poorly in the 2nd half. Still quite early in the season, and after last year's disastrous Non-Conference season, a win is a win.
Follow me on Twitter @scottcampbelljr
TheTorontoValley
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Wufan » November 19th, 2011, 5:23 am

Solid resume builder. Good win Sycs!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » November 19th, 2011, 10:13 am

I think by the end of the season this will look like a very good win. Ball St is a good team this year. They played like crap in the first half and it didnt give them a chance for the win. I see this team winning the MAC this year.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball