WSU vs Alabama

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: WSU vs Alabama

Postby glm38 » November 19th, 2011, 6:29 am

I just don't agree that Bama is the better team. I think WSU is just as talented overall. They just seemed to lose their way offensively in that 2nd half. I really don't think it was Bama's defense. Just poor decisions and some bad shots. And I agree with MVC John - Stutz is the key. If he had played as he's capable of playing WSU would have won.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » November 19th, 2011, 7:37 am

glm38 wrote:I just don't agree that Bama is the better team. I think WSU is just as talented overall. They just seemed to lose their way offensively in that 2nd half. I really don't think it was Bama's defense. Just poor decisions and some bad shots. And I agree with MVC John - Stutz is the key. If he had played as he's capable of playing WSU would have won.

Well, maybe the Shocks are the better team, but...We sucked at breaking the press. If that's our press break, Bama is better. Our paint offense was non-existent. If that's our interior offense, Bama is better. Bama blocked 14 shots, forced 19 turn overs and we only had 9 assists. We shot 34% from the field. Either Bama has a really good defense or our offense sucks. Bottom line is that Bama played a better game and made the Shockers look overmatched. I believe we are better than that game showed, but we were not the better team last night...which is all that really matters.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shockerfan13 » November 19th, 2011, 7:50 am

Hate to say it but WSU looked like a mid-major on national TV last night. Our play carried over from Colorado, the difference is Colorado is not a good team so we were able to overcome. I didn't think we played that great against Colorado. Still didn't pass and turned it over too much. We should NOT be trying to take a team as big and athletic as Alabama one on one and break them down. Yes Alabama is a good team and plays good defense, but that is not the only team like that we will play all year long. Especially should the Shox be fortunate enough to get into the NCAA tourney. Our offense has GOT to go inside out. That's all there is to it and so far against big and athletic teams we have not done that...hardly at all. Temple will beat us should the Shox fail to do that tomorrow also.

I didn't expect WSU to beat Alabama, but I was hoping to see a better executed game than we had against Colorado so that I would feel a little better about where the Shox are at this early.

I still think they will be good and challenge for the MVC title, but they need to figure it out quick if they want some marquee wins as well.
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » November 19th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Part of the problem was Marshall got out coached. Bama made adjustments in the 2nd half, and Marshall was content to stand pat. 'Bama 2nd half full court pressure just took WSU out of their offense. Marshall finally tried something different with a full court pressure and zone after it was to late. I think the zone might have given Bama some problems.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball