Creighton vs Iowa - with live online chat

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton vs Iowa - with live online chat

Postby MoValley John » November 21st, 2011, 4:24 pm

I still think it's way too early to make judgments, but the real difference I see with Creighton early is simple: Grant Gibbs. He won't win many awards, his stats won't jump out, but he does all the little things that makes a team better.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » November 21st, 2011, 5:20 pm

MoValley John wrote:I still think it's way too early to make judgments, but the real difference I see with Creighton early is simple: Grant Gibbs. He won't win many awards, his stats won't jump out, but he does all the little things that makes a team better.

Gibbs is a difference maker. Hmmmmmm..........we traded Korver, Ashford and Runnels for Gibbs, Dingman and Artino and we added a capable backup pg. That is why Creighton is alot better this year.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 21st, 2011, 5:46 pm

Jet915 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:I still think it's way too early to make judgments, but the real difference I see with Creighton early is simple: Grant Gibbs. He won't win many awards, his stats won't jump out, but he does all the little things that makes a team better.

Gibbs is a difference maker. Hmmmmmm..........we traded Korver, Ashford and Runnels for Gibbs, Dingman and Artino and we added a capable backup pg. That is why Creighton is alot better this year.

Yes, player for player Creighton upgraded. But Grant Gibbs is just that solid team player that makes great decisions, plays hard, fights for rebounds, makes great passes. He is that "intangible" that has been lacking. Think of a more athletic Graham Hatch at Wichita State last year.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball