Odum Sophomore Slump?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Odum Sophomore Slump?

Postby bigdawg » November 18th, 2011, 8:45 pm

Three unimpressive wins and pretty poor stat lines for Odum. It's been highlighted on a couple of occasions that he has lost his cool and been getting frustrated on the court. If I'm an Indiana State fan I'm worried that Odum is going to have a big dip this year.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Odum Sophomore Slump?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Odum Sophomore Slump?

Postby 8ball » November 18th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I have to disagree here. Odum is finding his legs as a team leader, and his stat line is similar to last season. Counting a tough game today, he's averaging 9.0 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 2.7 steals per game. He hasn't shot the ball well, and his turnovers are high, but he's still one of the best all-around players in the league.

Three unimpressive wins are still wins... they will have some solid games in the Old Spice Classic to see what they are made of.
For in-depth analysis of the Missouri Valley, visit http://www.examiner.com/missouri-valley-basketball-in-national/joseph-book

Follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/mvcexaminerjoe
8ball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Haha » November 18th, 2011, 9:06 pm

I'm trying not to get in on this action cause it's pointless but I can't help but ask whats his fg% and turnovers per game?
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheTorontoValley » November 18th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Only 3 games in so far. ISU is still finding out what type of team they have and it's going to take a while for their rotation to find chemistry. A little early to hit the panic button yet.
Follow me on Twitter @scottcampbelljr
TheTorontoValley
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby MoValley John » November 19th, 2011, 12:07 am

Haha wrote:I'm trying not to get in on this action cause it's pointless but I can't help but ask whats his fg% and turnovers per game?

It is way too early to rush to any judgement, but here are the early stats on Odum:
Min: 35 FG% .471 TO: 4.0

All in all, he looks about the same. Early on, he's playing a little over five minutes a game longer than last year, his assists are up and so are his turnovers per game.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 19th, 2011, 5:27 am

MoValley John wrote:
Haha wrote:I'm trying not to get in on this action cause it's pointless but I can't help but ask whats his fg% and turnovers per game?

It is way too early to rush to any judgement, but here are the early stats on Odum:
Min: 35 FG% .471 TO: 4.0

All in all, he looks about the same. Early on, he's playing a little over five minutes a game longer than last year, his assists are up and so are his turnovers per game.

I have him at 4.3 TO and 38%. Not awful, not great. He's a good PG.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 19th, 2011, 7:03 am

Way too early to say Odum is in a slump season. Something to watch but too early to say for sure.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FearDaTrees » November 19th, 2011, 10:11 am

Yea i don't see it as a slump considering it's the first 3 games of the year and they have won all three. ISU has had to play with a short bench due to injuries and suspensions. J.O will be fine.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » November 19th, 2011, 10:30 am

FearDaTrees wrote:Yea i don't see it as a slump considering it's the first 3 games of the year and they have won all three. ISU has had to play with a short bench due to injuries and suspensions. J.O will be fine.

Who is suspended? and why?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby MVCfans » November 19th, 2011, 10:31 am

DUBulldog wrote:
FearDaTrees wrote:Yea i don't see it as a slump considering it's the first 3 games of the year and they have won all three. ISU has had to play with a short bench due to injuries and suspensions. J.O will be fine.

Who is suspended? and why?

I believe Koang Doluony is suspended for the first 5 games.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball