Odum Sophomore Slump?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Odum Sophomore Slump?

Postby Ace Dad » November 21st, 2011, 11:03 am

Jake is athletic. He is a nightmare matchup for most Valley teams. He can handle both Zone and man defenses. He can shoot over most defenders. Jake can take most defenders off the dribble. He can post up smaller players. Most important is his ability to see the floor and plays develop before passing the ball. He will have a slight slump as defenses adjust, but over time he is going to create tough match ups.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red » November 21st, 2011, 11:51 am

Ace Dad wrote:Jake is athletic. He is a nightmare matchup for most Valley teams. He can handle both Zone and man defenses. He can shoot over most defenders. Jake can take most defenders off the dribble. He can post up smaller players. Most important is his ability to see the floor and plays develop before passing the ball. He will have a slight slump as defenses adjust, but over time he is going to create tough match ups.

I've never been in love with Odum. Good heady player but limited athletically I think. I'd take Young from Creighton and Moore assuming he continues to develop before I'd start a team with Odum. Bizoukas has been great too. If I was ranking the point guards in the Valley based on play this year alone Odum would be middle of the pack.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Brian » November 21st, 2011, 12:12 pm

I can't argue that he's playing great right now. I will say that Bizoukas did nothing against ISU and Odum last year for what its worth and actually looked overmatched.
Brian
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby glm38 » November 21st, 2011, 4:15 pm

I think Odum is a very good player. A player any team in the Valley would love to have.

Bizoukas has been great for us so far. I think he's a very good player too. But he's a senior and we've only got him for the one year. Odum is a sophmore and his upside is huge.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bleach » November 21st, 2011, 5:59 pm

Brian wrote:I can't argue that he's playing great right now. I will say that Bizoukas did nothing against ISU and Odum last year for what its worth and actually looked overmatched.

Since Biz wasn't on the Bears team but at Depaul, when did he look overmatched?
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Ace Dad » November 21st, 2011, 11:04 pm

Comparing a Senior PG to a Soph PG is like comparing Halle Berry to Miss Piggy. Cmon. Jake has an upside.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 22nd, 2011, 1:13 am

Ace Dad wrote:Comparing a Senior PG to a Soph PG is like comparing Halle Berry to Miss Piggy. Cmon. Jake has an upside.

That's right!!! Unlike Halle Berry, Miss Piggy is hot!!! Miss Piggy reminds me of my high school English teacher. As I reflect on my crush on Miss Ravens, I hear the sweet sound of music in my head. Hot for Teacher by Van Halen.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Ace Dad!
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BearChief » November 22nd, 2011, 7:55 am

bleach wrote:
Brian wrote:I can't argue that he's playing great right now. I will say that Bizoukas did nothing against ISU and Odum last year for what its worth and actually looked overmatched.

Probably when they played Depaul last year....
BearChief
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jackwagon » November 22nd, 2011, 8:14 am

BearChief wrote:
bleach wrote:

Probably when they played Depaul last year....

I watched Bizoukas at Depaul a lot and he did not really impress me. I have a hard time believing he will be a top tier PG in the valley.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » November 22nd, 2011, 8:18 am

Based on the box score, GodOdumGod had a great game....... Biz, not so much.

http://www.gosycamores.com//pdf8/727761.pdf?SPSID=107926&SPID=7259&DB_OEM_ID=15200
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball