MVC games - Sat 11/19

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC games - Sat 11/19

Postby BEARZ77 » November 20th, 2011, 9:08 am

I think Bradley deserves some attention. Taylor Brown is a top 5 talent league-wise and there is enough surrounding talent to be very troublesome to other teams. Depth will probably keep them from serious contention, but young depth gets better as the season progresses usually, so if they can get to a solid 9 by late season, Bradley might pull a surprise or 2.

Also the Tulsa game is at home for the Bears glm.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » November 20th, 2011, 9:16 am

Thanks I've corrected it. New Mexico is the tough upcoming road game I was thinking of.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » November 20th, 2011, 1:26 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I think Bradley deserves some attention. Taylor Brown is a top 5 talent league-wise and there is enough surrounding talent to be very troublesome to other teams. Depth will probably keep them from serious contention, but young depth gets better as the season progresses usually, so if they can get to a solid 9 by late season, Bradley might pull a surprise or 2.

Also the Tulsa game is at home for the Bears glm.

Good point. Good win for Bradley again. North Dakota isn't a terrible team. Won 19 games last year and will probably win over 20 this year. Again, not a good MVC caliber team but one that would compete some.

Bradley has no depth. Really only 6 players that do anything. However, they do play very hard, push the ball in transition and rebound well. At least they are somewhat entertaining to watch. Taylor Brown has been REALLY impressive. Tough matchup for every team. The two guards of Simms-Edwards and Lemon, Jr--neither true PG's and neither true shooters--are flawed but quick, athletic and good at attacking the basket.

Jake Eastman is the the son of an NBA coach. A gym rat his whole life. Yet for some reason is an awful shooter. Makes no sense. However he does everything else well and is important.

Bradley just needs to play hard and show improvement--which its done.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Drakey » November 20th, 2011, 2:08 pm

Heinro wrote:Valley continues to show well. SIU on the other hand is easily a bottom 300 team.

Isn't just about every team in the bottom 300?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby sixth ace » November 20th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Drakey wrote:
Heinro wrote:Valley continues to show well. SIU on the other hand is easily a bottom 300 team.

Isn't just about every team in the bottom 300?

Nice observation
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball