Wichita State vs Temple

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State vs Temple

Postby WSUbballer » November 22nd, 2011, 12:22 am

I didn't call for the post to be removed. I responded to a remark that had other intentions and then I was the one that was called out for "not taking it like a man".

If you don't think that remark violated the rules, then I hope you keep that in mind the next time MSU loses a game and then a comment is made at the wrong time with the wrong angle.

Good night.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » November 22nd, 2011, 1:02 am

To be fair, I think Duo has been a fair and good mod. He and I have a history on VT, yet he has been great in allowing me to air my opinions here. In fact, he and I have had a few spirited, yet respectful debates on this site. As a mod, he could have cut me off, he didn't. The fact of the matter is that moderating this, or any message board for that matter, is a difficult task and you aren't going to keep people happy all of the time. Like it or not, almost every fan and moderator has their red, blue, maroon, purple or gold glasses on while they try to post or simply moderate. It will never be done perfectly and there will always be people unhappy.

That said, Baller is a solid poster. I always read what he posts, good stuff! Then again, I always read CaseyGarrisonforpresident, not such good stuff. But I digress, Baller enthusiastically defends his school, as he should and he doesn't go out of his way to pick fights. Also to his credit, he doesn't simply overlook the over the top bragging from posters from other fan bases. If you are going to lead with crazy GodfillintheblankGod comments about your team, school or players, Baller will respond. Nothing wrong with that. Baller has also been critical of his team when appropriate, you don't find that with many other posters.

I guess, I'd just like the two of you to get along, Rodney King style. So hug it out, boys!

Is there anybody else's arse I need to kiss now??? Oh yeah, DUBulldog, solid poster. His wife is hot, smarter than him, too! She must not have been born and :? raised in Iowa. Iowa girls start off hot, but like a polliwog, soon they morph into toads.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 22nd, 2011, 4:46 pm

Haha wrote:I didn't get the laughing at the end. The spread was 6 with about 5 seconds left when Murry got the ball. Looked like he was going to jack a 3 and then a couple guys converged. Point being it didn't matter if he shot the 3 or not, the game was over. Who cares if Davis laughed or not, the fat red head just laughed cause he does whatever Davis does.

I would guess that the laughing was because WSU was chucking contested off balance threes for a large portion of the game instead of working the ball inside. Then, When WSU's only chance (albeit very slim) required a three pointer, Murry decided to attack the rim using all of the remaining time.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 22nd, 2011, 5:49 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:My comments on Shox team: Tough loss. Can play with anyone in the country if they are inspired on a given night. Marshall validated my criticisms of him not being a "champion" in this tourny to a great extent. Not bad though. You won't reach Mark Turdgeon levels with double G in Wichita but he'll have your team competitive every year.

My comments on Shox fans: Very empassioned fans. Look at the number of yellow shirts down in Puerto Rico. But some of you all must understand that we are not all wearing black and yellow colored glasses. I know Bob Lutz always paints things positively in the newspaper but not everyone in the Valley is a myopic homer like that. Some of us that are fans of other teams are going to be harsher in critiquieing.

I'd just like to add that Casey almost had a good post here...I'm going to edit it so that it IS a good post:

"My comments on Shox team: Tough loss. Can play with anyone in the country if they are inspired on a given night. Marshall validated my criticisms, not bad though."

"My comments on Shox fans: Very empassioned fans. Look at the number of yellow shirts down in Puerto Rico. But some of you all must understand that we are not all wearing black and yellow colored glasses. Some of us that are fans of other teams are going to be harsher in critiquieing."
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 22nd, 2011, 5:56 pm

A comment like "taking it like a man" could really violate board rules?? Good lord let's hope not.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 22nd, 2011, 8:19 pm

glm38 wrote:A comment like "taking it like a man" could really violate board rules?? Good lord let's hope not.

I'm glad you're done "debating this" glm. Apparently, just like bad guy me, you can't let things go either.

And clearly you are in over your head now as I was clearly not suggesting that phrase was a violation of board rules. If you don't know what I have pointed out that violated board rules by now, then there really is no hope for you.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 22nd, 2011, 8:48 pm

I truly wasn't trying to insult anyone with the last comment. I was just making a statement. :Bam:

Let's let this thread die a quiet death.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball