Wichita State vs Temple

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State vs Temple

Postby Wufan » November 21st, 2011, 4:27 pm

There is something going on team chemistry-wise at WSU and the loss to Temple brought it to the fore-front. It is now up to the team to deal with it and overcome or let it tear the team apart. This team still has a lot of talent and upside, but unless/until this issue gets resolved, the Shockers are a mid-pack Valley team.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FeartheQ » November 21st, 2011, 4:29 pm

Wufan wrote:There is something going on team chemistry-wise at WSU and the loss to Temple brought it to the fore-front. It is now up to the team to deal with it and overcome or let it tear the team apart. This team still has a lot of talent and upside, but unless/until this issue gets resolved, the Shockers are a mid-pack Valley team.

By mid pack you mean top 4 right? I don't see many teams vying for top 4.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » November 21st, 2011, 4:33 pm

I think the chemistry issues are overblown. Are there issues, sure, but there are issues on all D-1 teams. P'Allen Stinnett created a real chemistry problem at Creighton. Wichita State has nothing like that. During tough times "chemistry issues" seem to be magnified. A few wins and this conversation goes away.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 21st, 2011, 5:15 pm

FeartheQ wrote:
Wufan wrote:There is something going on team chemistry-wise at WSU and the loss to Temple brought it to the fore-front. It is now up to the team to deal with it and overcome or let it tear the team apart. This team still has a lot of talent and upside, but unless/until this issue gets resolved, the Shockers are a mid-pack Valley team.

By mid pack you mean top 4 right? I don't see many teams vying for top 4.

Based on potential, WSU is right there with/near Creighton.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 21st, 2011, 5:23 pm

MoValley John wrote:I think the chemistry issues are overblown. Are there issues, sure, but there are issues on all D-1 teams. P'Allen Stinnett created a real chemistry problem at Creighton. Wichita State has nothing like that. During tough times "chemistry issues" seem to be magnified. A few wins and this conversation goes away.

Yes, losses magnify chemistry issues, and we don't have a P'unk type issue. What we do have is a senior PG that wasn't taking care of business in the classroom and that despite a reasonable stat line, isn't running this team like a leader. Additionally, our wing guards all feel the need to shoot their way out of a slump rather than just pass to Stutz. I don't know why that is, but a senior laden team ought to be able to figure that one out. Inside-out teamwork has been a staple of this team for three years, but they totally ditched that philosophy for contested fall-away threes. Also the inability to stop dribble-penetration with our large athletic wings is a concern.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 21st, 2011, 5:25 pm

jackwagon wrote:This is a man who gets it. If you want to parade around as one of the big shots in the valley you gotta back it up from time to time.

Please explain, because I've seen none of this going on on here.

And Duo, please don't bring home message boards into the conversation. Nearly every message board has its share of homers on it. In case you haven't noticed, I'm one of the realists over there trying to set the record straight. I could go over to the MSU message board and pick things apart there too. Same with every message board. So don't even bring that over here. It's a LAME way to try and make a point. If you wanna bring up something said here on this forum, then that's fine and I'd say go for it.

And to DJA and other fans who get it, thanks for not piling on after a loss in OT to Temple. I think most WSU fans know where their team is at and don't need other outside fans saying so in a condescending way. Just not the best etiquette. Talk about Murry taking a bad shot. Talk about some of the bad coaching. Don't come in here and say "How Wichita of them. There goes the ol' SOS". That was a trolling remark and it didn't even make sense.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 21st, 2011, 9:25 pm

Just an observation: I just don't get how some on this board whine and complain about the unfairness of their team being down graded or made fun of - when these very same board members do the very same thing at times to other MVC teams. This just makes no sense at all. Be passionate about your team but if you dish it out - then take whats coming to you (and your team) like a man when your time comes.

Watched the Temple game. Tough loss. I really thought WSU would win this one. A few more made free throws and I think they would have. I think WSU bounces back and ends up having a good season. Too much talent not to.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 21st, 2011, 9:58 pm

glm38 wrote:Just an observation: I just don't get how some on this board whine and complain about the unfairness of their team being down graded or made fun of - when these very same board members do the very same thing at times to other MVC teams. This just makes no sense at all. Be passionate about your team but if you dish it out - then take whats coming to you (and your team) like a man when your time comes.

Since you just had to bring it up, how about you list some examples?

This site has a very strict policy on trolling. Go back and read PeKaph's post that caused the stir. Tell me if it added any basketball value to the discussion. Tell me it wasn't a trolling remark and your point then earns validity. If you can't defend it, then your point goes down the flusher.

Again, for the upteenth time, actual basketball-related criticism is warranted and should be available to every team by any poster. However, posts like "How Wichita of them. There goes the ol' SOS" is a trolling remark that is not necessary and can cause trouble, not to mention it doesn't even make any sense. It was Temple, not Emporia State. If you don't believe me, I can try one of those passive aggressive tactics the next time the Bears lose and we'll see what kind of reaction it generates. Per forum rules, trolling is not allowed. And for 11 out of the last 12 months, I couldn't even troll, even if I wanted to. So seeing how you've only been a member of this board for 5 months, I fail to understand your point here.

I was hoping to just let this thread die, since the last 4 pages of it has been worthless bickering by both sides. It seemed to finally be over but a last twist of the knife just had to be inserted.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 21st, 2011, 10:06 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
glm38 wrote:Just an observation: I just don't get how some on this board whine and complain about the unfairness of their team being down graded or made fun of - when these very same board members do the very same thing at times to other MVC teams. This just makes no sense at all. Be passionate about your team but if you dish it out - then take whats coming to you (and your team) like a man when your time comes.

Since you just had to bring it up, how about you list some examples?

This site has a very strict policy on trolling. Go back and read PeKaph's post that caused the stir. Tell me if it added any basketball value to the discussion. Tell me it wasn't a trolling remark and your point then earns validity. If you can't defend it, then your point goes down the flusher.

Again, for the upteenth time, actual basketball-related criticism is warranted and should be available to every team by any poster. However, posts like "How Wichita of them. There goes the ol' SOS" is a trolling remark that is not necessary and can cause trouble, not to mention it doesn't even make any sense. It was Temple, not Emporia State. If you don't believe me, I can try one of those passive aggressive tactics the next time the Bears lose and we'll see what kind of reaction it generates. Per forum rules, trolling is not allowed. And for 11 out of the last 12 months, I couldn't even troll, even if I wanted to. So seeing how you've only been a member of this board for 5 months, I fail to understand your point here.

I was hoping to just let this thread die, since the last 4 pages of it has been worthless bickering by both sides. It seemed to finally be over but a last twist of the knife just had to be inserted.

why dont you ignore it and live to fight another day?
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » November 21st, 2011, 10:28 pm

Baller I'm not going to spend time going back through old posts and threads looking for your as you call them "trolling remarks". But you've made them and I'm obviously not the only one that remembers them.

I won't debate this any more because it's pointless. You'll come back with some snappy last remark because you always get the last word in. Big deal. It doesn't make you right.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball