Wichita State vs Temple

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wichita State vs Temple

Postby MSUDuo » November 21st, 2011, 10:32 pm

Baller, you don't ever let anything die...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » November 21st, 2011, 10:40 pm

glm, if you didn't want to debate this, then why did you dig this thing up 10 threads down the line?

Duo, you need to lose some of your MSU bias on this board. You can keep it on the MSU board all you want, but as a moderator, I feel you should be better than that. All you do is defend everybody and everything MSU.

For example, glm is the one that bumps the thread back up and who do you blame this thing on not letting it die? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'm not gonna sit here and let people make me out to be the bad guy. An MSU FAN TROLLED. You haven't even mentioned him AT ALL. I respond to the the trolling comment and I'm the BAD GUY.

Just imagine if the roles were reversed for one second. Seriously, think about it. Do you see yourself responding in this thread a little differently if I were the one who said "How Missouri State of them, there goes the ol' SOS". I would have been rocked in this thread (and rightfully so) and then locked up for a week. Meanwhile, PeKaph, the guilty pot-stirrer in all of this, doesn't even get a mention.

Par for the course, Duo.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 21st, 2011, 10:42 pm

My comments on Shox team: Tough loss. Can play with anyone in the country if they are inspired on a given night. Marshall validated my criticisms of him not being a "champion" in this tourny to a great extent. Not bad though. You won't reach Mark Turdgeon levels with double G in Wichita but he'll have your team competitive every year.

My comments on Shox fans: Very empassioned fans. Look at the number of yellow shirts down in Puerto Rico. But some of you all must understand that we are not all wearing black and yellow colored glasses. I know Bob Lutz always paints things positively in the newspaper but not everyone in the Valley is a myopic homer like that. Some of us that are fans of other teams are going to be harsher in critiquieing.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby FeartheQ » November 21st, 2011, 10:51 pm

WSUbballer wrote: if I were the one who said "How Missouri State of them, there goes the ol' SOS". I would have been rocked in this thread (and rightfully so)

Seriously, give it up. Not sure about other Bears fans, but I would care less what you or others said about the Bears team.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 21st, 2011, 11:01 pm

FeartheQ wrote:
WSUbballer wrote: if I were the one who said "How Missouri State of them, there goes the ol' SOS". I would have been rocked in this thread (and rightfully so)

Seriously, give it up. Not sure about other Bears fans, but I would care less what you or others said about the Bears team.

Baller is a good poster. But he needs to pick his battles. The enthusiasm is real nice but you have to be able to see the black and yellow lenses obstructing the view. This thing got to Jim Schwartz/John Harbaugh to quickly.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » November 21st, 2011, 11:19 pm

FeartheQ wrote:

I know you wouldn't care because you're a pretty good poster yourself and you don't let things bother you. But I guarantee you a good amount of MSU fans would not like a trolling remark, not to mention a lot of other outside fans, as well as the board moderator.

I really don't wanna test your theory and feel like I shouldn't because I now respect the rules of this board. But then again, I don't know how else to convey my point, since I'm always the Bad Guy.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » November 21st, 2011, 11:22 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
FeartheQ wrote:

Baller is a good poster. But he needs to pick his battles. The enthusiasm is real nice but you have to be able to see the black and yellow lenses obstructing the view. This thing got to Jim Schwartz/John Harbaugh to quickly.

Casey, the criticism is fine and I actually encourage it in a constructive way. What I don't care for are the drive-by trolling remarks made a by a poster who repeatedly does it without repercussions. Please understand the difference.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » November 21st, 2011, 11:31 pm

WSUbballer wrote:glm, if you didn't want to debate this, then why did you dig this thing up 10 threads down the line?

Duo, you need to lose some of your MSU bias on this board. You can keep it on the MSU board all you want, but as a moderator, I feel you should be better than that. All you do is defend everybody and everything MSU.

For example, glm is the one that bumps the thread back up and who do you blame this thing on not letting it die? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I'm not gonna sit here and let people make me out to be the bad guy. An MSU FAN TROLLED. You haven't even mentioned him AT ALL. I respond to the the trolling comment and I'm the BAD GUY.

Just imagine if the roles were reversed for one second. Seriously, think about it. Do you see yourself responding in this thread a little differently if I were the one who said "How Missouri State of them, there goes the ol' SOS". I would have been rocked in this thread (and rightfully so) and then locked up for a week. Meanwhile, PeKaph, the guilty pot-stirrer in all of this, doesn't even get a mention.

Par for the course, Duo.

WSUbballer wrote:
I was hoping to just let this thread die, since the last 4 pages of it has been worthless bickering by both sides. It seemed to finally be over but a last twist of the knife just had to be inserted.

Yep, glm is the one who said that quote...If you were hoping to let it die, why respond? FWIW, I don't care if it dies. This is fun for me. It isn't a big deal. This message board isn't my life. Although I do tend to spend a lot of time here :D

Fan first, moderator second. If MVCfans has an issue with that I'm sure he will mention something to me. So far he hasn't

Baller, there is a reason you have the rep that you have and it is the reason why behind some of the decisions made on this board. It isn't just me. It isn't just Bears fans.

For the most part I do it in jest. It's a message board. You're the one who takes it personally for some reason. Let it go.

If you took off the gold and black glasses, you could see his intention. Once again, WSU has been expected to lead the Valley the past 3 seasons and hasn't done a very good job. Once again, MSU took the heat for not doing their part last year. Which I said I was ok with. How that is defending anything and everything MSU is beyond me.

PeKaph doesn't have the history that you do. It's as simple as that.

To me, criticism of not following through on expectations of being a leader of the Valley is fair game to me. Some how I don't think CU would have escaped word from you had they found a way to lose to Iowa. So why should WSU?
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WSUbballer » November 22nd, 2011, 12:03 am

Duo, PeKaph is Nyghtewynd from ValleyTalk. You may not remember his posting history because you seem to turn a blind eye at MSU fans, but I do remember it and he has potshotted every time he has had an opportunity to do so at WSU.

And your reasoning as a moderator is even more baffling. So trolling is ok if you don't have a "perceived history"? Really? Is that the precedent really you wanna set as a moderator?

I've been on a tight leash in the last year and I've learned a lot of lessons. I think a lot of people, including MVCfans, would admit that while not perfect, I have moved in the right direction for this site. I don't think I'd throw that all away for nothing. Seeing somebody do the SAME EXACT thing that got me in a lot a trouble gives a lot of burn inside of me. What's even worse is that a supposed moderator can't even see through their "maroon-colored" glasses that a fan of their team has violated an obvious rule with an obvious trolling remark.

I'm really don't wanna repeat it again as it appears some have obvious issues with reading comprehension. The criticism is good. I embrace it. It's deserved. However, a potshot right after a loss to an actual quality team by an outside fan is not good. Especially when it was unprovoked and didn't even make any sense.

The rules state that trolling remarks are made to get a rise out of other fans. If you don't think "How Wichita of them, there goes the ol' SOS" wasn't made to get a rise out of somebody, then you're just plain blind. The said poster could have got his point across without having a condescending nature to it, which I thought, was a main objective to this site. The guy has a history of those kind of remarks. If you don't believe me, go take a review of his previous posts.

Now Duo, how about you let it die?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » November 22nd, 2011, 12:12 am

WSUbballer wrote:Duo, PeKaph is Nyghtewynd from ValleyTalk. You may not remember his posting history because you seem to turn a blind eye at MSU fans, but I do remember it and he has potshotted every time he has had an opportunity to do so at WSU.

And your reasoning as a moderator is even more baffling. So trolling is ok if you don't have a "perceived history"? Really? Is that the precedent really you wanna set as a moderator?

I've been on a tight leash in the last year and I've learned a lot of lessons. I think a lot of people, including MVCfans, would admit that while not perfect, I have moved in the right direction for this site. I don't think I'd throw that all away for nothing. Seeing somebody do the SAME EXACT thing that got me in a lot a trouble gives a lot of burn inside of me. What's even worse is that a supposed moderator can't even see through their "maroon-colored" glasses that a fan of their team has violated an obvious rule with an obvious trolling remark.

Now Duo, how about you let it die?

Ah, I did not know that was him.

So you're saying I'm the only one that reads this board or your threads? If I am, your words have merit. If not, where are the other moderators then? They don't seem to have an issue with what has been said. So why should I? FWIW, and you can ask other mods, I have dealt with MSU posters in the past and have brought things up with the other mods. Which of course you can't see and really don't care if you believe me or not.

And yes, if you don't have a history, you aren't going to be on a tight leash. Which is why you are/have been on one. Does that not make sense?

I'm all good for letting it die. Not a lot more can be said.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball