Wisc-GB vs Indiana State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wisc-GB vs Indiana State

Postby MoBraves » November 22nd, 2011, 2:48 pm

MoValley John wrote:You are correct, now is the time for growing pains. But that is not what I was saying. I was simply saying that winning ugly early doesn't automatically simply mean growing pains. There could be other issues, I don't know... That is exactly why I find it odd that fans would simply shrug it off and say "We'll be fine." There is a legitimate reason to be concerned. It may be growing pains, it may be a hundred things that mean nothing. On the other hand, it could be something and fans should be concerned. I'm not saying jump off the ledge or the sky is falling concerned, but concerned none the less. At the same time, I disagree with people that are opining that Jake Odum might be having a sophomore slump. It is way too early to even begin that discussion.

Yes, winning ugly early is much, much better than having these games slip away, but at the same time, you simply hope that the result is "We'll be fine." All the while, you should have at least some concerns about shoring up whatever growing pains or problems you may have. More times than not, the teams that win ugly early, never fix whatever made those games close in the first place and come the end of the season, their fans are wondering "what the Hell happened?"

That is, unless you are a Cubs fan like me, then you simply expect the "What the Hell just happened?"

I'm a Cubs fan too, and I know what you mean!
As a Braves fan, we are 3-0 (hopefully 4-0 after tonight), but I have concerns even though we "just win".
If we are playing about as well as ISU-blue right now, I'd have concerns as a Sycamore fan, especially those fans that are guaranteeing them a Top 3 finish...oh yeah, that would be about ALL of them. :lol:
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: Wisc-GB vs Indiana State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball