Wisc-GB vs Indiana State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Wisc-GB vs Indiana State

Postby TheTorontoValley » November 21st, 2011, 10:25 pm

Jet915 wrote:
MoBraves wrote:
TheTorontoValley wrote:Well, it's a win. But this team needs to seriously elevate its play if we want to compete with Texas Tech.

Texas Tech? Come on! They would be a bottom half Valley team.
Hope the Sycs get at least 1 win in Old Spice Classic.

I fully expect ISUB to beat Texas Tech.....(or atleast they should).

We also fully expected a good win against Green Bay, and that game was in doubt right until the end. I have no doubts that ISU can beat Texas Tech, but if they don't improve upon their performance, they're not going to continue to squeak out these tight games as the competition stiffens.
Follow me on Twitter @scottcampbelljr
TheTorontoValley
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » November 21st, 2011, 10:31 pm

The Trees are really unispiring this year. Will be interesting to see what happens down in Old Spice. I hope they represent the league better than they did on the big stage last March. They are capable of better with their talent and they need to represent this league well down in Florida.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby TheTorontoValley » November 21st, 2011, 10:44 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:The Trees are really unispiring this year. Will be interesting to see what happens down in Old Spice. I hope they represent the league better than they did on the big stage last March. They are capable of better with their talent and they need to represent this league well down in Florida.

To be fair, ISU was in a ridiculously tough matchup against Syracuse. The Trees had an extremely small team last season so coming up against Rick Jackson and a 3-4 like Kris Joseph was going to eat Indiana State up all day.
Follow me on Twitter @scottcampbelljr
TheTorontoValley
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby jackwagon » November 22nd, 2011, 8:11 am

Another ugly win. They are 4-0 but not looking like a top tier team as of yet. Guess its better to win ugly then not win at all I suppose?
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoBraves » November 22nd, 2011, 10:49 am

TheTorontoValley wrote:I have no doubts that ISU can beat Texas Tech...

Neither do I. The only doubt I have is...WILL they beat Texas Tech?
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby jackwagon » November 22nd, 2011, 11:15 am

MoBraves wrote:
TheTorontoValley wrote:I have no doubts that ISU can beat Texas Tech...

Neither do I. The only doubt I have is...WILL they beat Texas Tech?

ditto!
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bawss » November 22nd, 2011, 11:40 am

You know.... last year we lost some of these games and we struggled to stay around .500.................Now the team is currently winning all of them and it's still a problem. :roll:

We'll be fine....
Bawss
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » November 22nd, 2011, 11:58 am

Bawss wrote:You know.... last year we lost some of these games and we struggled to stay around .500.................Now the team is currently winning all of them and it's still a problem. :roll:

We'll be fine....

Really? If I were a Sycamore fan, I'd be concerned. Keep in mind, in 2005-06 Indiana state started the season at 8-0 and were rolling. What happened? I've seen this happen time after time, just win, baby!!! Until the ugly wins become close losses and the snowball starts rolling downhill. I'm not even saying that this will happen to ISU, it probably won't. But for fans to not be concerned is a little naive.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Bawss » November 22nd, 2011, 12:23 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Bawss wrote:You know.... last year we lost some of these games and we struggled to stay around .500.................Now the team is currently winning all of them and it's still a problem. :roll:

We'll be fine....

Really? If I were a Sycamore fan, I'd be concerned. Keep in mind, in 2005-06 Indiana state started the season at 8-0 and were rolling. What happened? I've seen this happen time after time, just win, baby!!! Until the ugly wins become close losses and the snowball starts rolling downhill. I'm not even saying that this will happen to ISU, it probably won't. But for fans to not be concerned is a little naive.

How I feel is that the team will be better later in the year. If the team is going to have growing pains and difficulties now, I'd rather it happen now while still picking up wins.

There are worse ways this team could start the season.
Bawss
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » November 22nd, 2011, 12:50 pm

Bawss wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

We'll be fine....

How I feel is that the team will be better later in the year. If the team is going to have growing pains and difficulties now, I'd rather it happen now while still picking up wins.

There are worse ways this team could start the season.

You are correct, now is the time for growing pains. But that is not what I was saying. I was simply saying that winning ugly early doesn't automatically simply mean growing pains. There could be other issues, I don't know... That is exactly why I find it odd that fans would simply shrug it off and say "We'll be fine." There is a legitimate reason to be concerned. It may be growing pains, it may be a hundred things that mean nothing. On the other hand, it could be something and fans should be concerned. I'm not saying jump off the ledge or the sky is falling concerned, but concerned none the less. At the same time, I disagree with people that are opining that Jake Odum might be having a sophomore slump. It is way too early to even begin that discussion.

Yes, winning ugly early is much, much better than having these games slip away, but at the same time, you simply hope that the result is "We'll be fine." All the while, you should have at least some concerns about shoring up whatever growing pains or problems you may have. More times than not, the teams that win ugly early, never fix whatever made those games close in the first place and come the end of the season, their fans are wondering "what the Hell happened?"

That is, unless you are a Cubs fan like me, then you simply expect the "What the Hell just happened?"
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball