MSU checks in at #35, WSU in at #40

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU checks in at #35, WSU in at #40

Postby Ricardo del Rio » September 17th, 2010, 4:52 pm

MoValley John wrote:
Kip Dynamite wrote:Yeah, that would be the equivelent of MSU losing Kyle Weems (the Bears top scorer and floor leader) but saying "yeah, but they return almost everyone".

I'm not at all saying that WSU won't be good this year. Hell, they may sweep Missouri State all three games again. I'm just saying that It might not be quite so easy this time around without Hannah running the show.

Wichita State will probably win the Valley, but I don't think they will do a cake walk through the league. And even though they are my pick, I don't count any team out. How quickly we forget that three years ago, a team loaded with former walkons, zero star recruits, a first year headf coach and little expectations caught the Valley by surprise. Two years ago, UNI broke out, nobody picked them in 2008-09, either.

Wichita State is the favorite, they are my pick, but there hasn't been one game played yet.

The Shocks will start the season at 0-4.

It is a lock that two games will be lost to the mighty Panthers, much to the chagrin of JJ Clamdip.

At least one game will be lost to the mighty Purple Aces. Only an answered prayer prevented two losses last year. See game film of the Wichita contest.

At least one game will be lost to the mighty Blue Birds. Hell, we haven't beaten the Blue Birds in Omaha in a coon's age.

An lastly remember, the Shockers did not exactly stomp all over the Bars.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoValley John » September 17th, 2010, 6:24 pm

Awesome post!
I have always believed that Mr. RDR was one of the finest posters. Not just on Valley websites, but the whole gosh-darned internet! We have Al Gore to thank for that. I hear he's getting a divorce. Poor guy.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 17th, 2010, 8:19 pm

unipanther99 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:
Kip Dynamite wrote:Two years ago, UNI broke out, nobody picked them in 2008-09, either.

And last year, even though UNI was picked by the media and coaches to win, many thought that the "talent" on some of the other teams would rise above the Panthers, who had "peaked" in 2008-09.

I think WSU will win the league, but someone will suprise us this year. Personally, I think Bradley will be the suprise.

That reminds me, where is dawgiestyle?... :!: :?:

I would not be surprised by Bradley. They bring back a lot of good players.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 17th, 2010, 8:21 pm

beatingrillz wrote:Kyle Weems the best all around player in the valley

:?
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby kneePad » September 17th, 2010, 8:57 pm

valleychamp wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:Kyle Weems the best all around player in the valley

:?

Valleychamp, you don't agree with that?

If Weems isn't, then who is?

BTW, I would vote Weems the best all aound player in the MVC too.
kneePad
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby WSUbballer » September 17th, 2010, 9:29 pm

I'm thinking about opening up a blog, picking my Top 100, and doing no research on my picks at all whatsoever. If somebody else can do it, I can do it too. I'll let y'all know when it's up and running.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby beatingrillz » September 17th, 2010, 9:42 pm

I just think that any team in the valley struggles to guard him he is so big outside and has a sweet stroke and so athletic inside he is just tough to guard and on top of that he is very solid at the other end of the floor
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby iSASO » September 17th, 2010, 9:47 pm

WSU will finish in its traditional 9th place slot. If the Bears do better than that, who really cares. Remember, as a Bears fan so correctly nailed it, Marshall came in here and just thought he could recruit athletes and simply win, win, win. Man, that hasn't worked out at all. Just look at his track record.

And, as a BJ fan said, "Marshall is in over his head in this conference."

Why would anyone pick WSU to win more than 3 games in the conference? WSU lost its point guard, has no skilled players - only athletes - and the coach is in over his head. It's pretty simple. 9th place for sure, just like every year.
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » September 17th, 2010, 10:14 pm

I always like how as long as you praise the shocks and predict them to win the conference then everything is great, but the minute anyone makes a statement or writes an article questioning otherwise then they all come crawling out of the woodwork.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby WSUbballer » September 17th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Speaking of crawling out of the woodwork.. welcome back to the party Bear fans. Where have you been?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball