Re: MSU checks in at #35, WSU in at #40

Postby TylerDurden » September 17th, 2010, 7:40 am

MSU over WSU? Interesting.
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WuDrWu » September 17th, 2010, 10:37 am

TylerDurden wrote:MSU over WSU? Interesting.

Not really. As the comments at the bottom of the article point out, there wasn't much in depth reporting done on either team.

If WSU has to play Toure' Murry at the point, I suspect WSU will finish behind MSU (and others).

Hopefully, this will not be the case (as it would mean Williams and Ragland have suffered season ending injuries).
THE VALLEY RULES! GO VALLEY!
WuDrWu
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby RoyalShock » September 17th, 2010, 11:18 am

From the blog:
Missouri State has the great fortune of almost its entire roster returning. That's especially important because the Bears won 24 games last season. Bringing back that many players who played together last season and won all of those games together gives this team a significant advantage over the other MVC teams.

Really? I'm thinking there is another MVC team who also has the great fortune of almost it's entire roster returning, who finished five spots higher in the standings, going 3-0 against MSU and winning 25 games. This team also added a first team juco AA point guard. I'm trying to think of the school . . . can anyone help me out?
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Kip Dynamite » September 17th, 2010, 11:27 am

Man, someone's gotten themselves worked up over one mans opinion..
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TylerDurden » September 17th, 2010, 11:55 am

Kip Dynamite wrote:Man, someone's gotten themselves worked up over one mans opinion..

Probably needs to attend the "Rally to Restore Sanity."

:)
TylerDurden
All MVC
All MVC

Postby kneePad » September 17th, 2010, 1:48 pm

RoyalShock wrote:From the blog:
Missouri State has the great fortune of almost its entire roster returning. That's especially important because the Bears won 24 games last season. Bringing back that many players who played together last season and won all of those games together gives this team a significant advantage over the other MVC teams.

Really? I'm thinking there is another MVC team who also has the great fortune of almost it's entire roster returning, who finished five spots higher in the standings, going 3-0 against MSU and winning 25 games. This team also added a first team juco AA point guard. I'm trying to think of the school . . . can anyone help me out?

Yeah, losing that Hannah guy means nothing. Doesn't matter that he was your top player and one of the 5 best players in the MVC last season. That will be easy to replace.
kneePad
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby MoValley John » September 17th, 2010, 2:31 pm

kneePad wrote:Yeah, losing that Hannah guy means nothing. Doesn't matter that he was your top player and one of the 5 best players in the MVC last season. That will be easy to replace.

That is actually a pretty interesting post. The Shockers should be loaded this year and they really only lost one guy. But does anyone remember the last time the Shockers were picked as favorites and only lost one guy from the previous season? I think his name was Paul Miller and I believe they started the next season hot as a pistol only to misfire the rest of the season.

I don't think it will happen to the Shockers this year, but one difference maker can really make or break a team.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kip Dynamite » September 17th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Yeah, that would be the equivelent of MSU losing Kyle Weems (the Bears top scorer and floor leader) but saying "yeah, but they return almost everyone".

I'm not at all saying that WSU won't be good this year. Hell, they may sweep Missouri State all three games again. I'm just saying that It might not be quite so easy this time around without Hannah running the show.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » September 17th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Kip Dynamite wrote:Yeah, that would be the equivelent of MSU losing Kyle Weems (the Bears top scorer and floor leader) but saying "yeah, but they return almost everyone".

I'm not at all saying that WSU won't be good this year. Hell, they may sweep Missouri State all three games again. I'm just saying that It might not be quite so easy this time around without Hannah running the show.

Wichita State will probably win the Valley, but I don't think they will do a cake walk through the league. And even though they are my pick, I don't count any team out. How quickly we forget that three years ago, a team loaded with former walkons, zero star recruits, a first year headf coach and little expectations caught the Valley by surprise. Two years ago, UNI broke out, nobody picked them in 2008-09, either.

Wichita State is the favorite, they are my pick, but there hasn't been one game played yet.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball