Weems vs McDermott

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Weems vs McDermott

Postby glm38 » January 1st, 2012, 10:24 am

ShockJones

I don't think there is any doubt that in games this year up to this point McD is performing at a higher level (at least on offense) than Weems. Even the most ardent Bears fans and Weems supporters would probably agree with that.

But when you factor in the fact that Weems always seems to get the better of McD in head to head matchups, he plays much better defense, and Weems (to this point) has has been a better end game and big game performer - then it makes if very close between these 2 players when you are making an argument as to which is the better player.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jays26 » January 1st, 2012, 11:56 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:Exactly, we can project all we want but this is a here and now discussion. You can't handicap a player to fit your own poragative. All you can look at is the stats head to head and over the course of a valley year.

Then why are you handicapping it and only comparing the games against each others teams?

:+1:

Over the course of the year Doug has played better. No doubt Weems has had his moments agains CU. I never said he didn't play well in those games. And it's tough to compare a soph vs sr and be fair about it was my point.
Jays26
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » January 1st, 2012, 2:02 pm

Jays26 wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:Exactly, we can project all we want but this is a here and now discussion. You can't handicap a player to fit your own poragative. All you can look at is the stats head to head and over the course of a valley year.

Then why are you handicapping it and only comparing the games against each others teams?

:+1:

Over the course of the year Doug has played better. No doubt Weems has had his moments agains CU. I never said he didn't play well in those games. And it's tough to compare a soph vs sr and be fair about it was my point.

Hey I think we all agree??? I certainly have no problem with that statement.

If so that would be a first wouldn't it? :dance:
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball