UAB at Wichita

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UAB at Wichita

Postby glm38 » November 27th, 2011, 6:03 pm

PricklyPete wrote:MVC swept UAB. Now we get our chance at Tulsa starting tomorrow.

I didn't realize until your statement here that Tulsa plays Creighton and WSU this year (in addition to MSU). That's interesting. I wish both MVC team do well. But Tulsa is big and talented. A tough game for both teams.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby shocker3 » November 27th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Kip Dynamite wrote:Ouch! UAB just lost at home to Tennessee-Martin.

They lost 59-54 in a more than half empty Bartow Arena in front of 3854. Since 2 Valley teams have beaten them, I hope they turn things around soon.
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby LJay » November 27th, 2011, 8:45 pm

shocker3 wrote:

They lost 59-54 in a more than half empty Bartow Arena in front of 3854. Since 2 Valley teams have beaten them, I hope they turn things around soon.

Wow, big crowd and fired up team in their opener against Creighton. Now they are about as bad as can be. Confidence is a necessary ingredient for superior play...this team has so little they stink!!!
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » November 27th, 2011, 8:52 pm

LJay wrote:
shocker3 wrote:

Wow, big crowd and fired up team in their opener against Creighton. Now they are about as bad as can be. Confidence is a necessary ingredient for superior play...this team has so little they stink!!!

They lack more than confidence from being a good team. I was not impressed with them at all. WSU should have beaten them by more, but WSU didn't shot particularly well from the outside on open looks and it was only after they turned up the pressure they pulled away.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 27th, 2011, 11:51 pm

I thought this going to be a marquee win, it's looking more like a stinker...
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 28th, 2011, 8:58 am

UAB has a seven foot transfer from St Joe's that should be declared eligible soon. The kid transferred under the same NCAA rule that Sam Maniscalco used to leave Bradley. Unlike Bradley though, St Joe's would not release the kid and he has had to appeal St Joe's decision to the NCAA. A hearing was held recently and a ruling should come soon. Hopefully, once this kid is declared eligible, UAB can start winning some games...
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » November 28th, 2011, 9:35 am

Hopefully they start winning. However, I'm not sure why anyone would have considered beating a middle of the pack CUSA team as a marquee win?

Outside of Puerto Rico, I figured UAB to be maybe the 4th best noncon opponent we have. Behind Utah State (not looking great), Tulsa (should still be solid) and UNLV (looking damn good). But I still expected UAB to be in the top 125 or so of the RPI and not kill us. And have a legit shot at the top 100. Time will tell if either will come true.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Jet915 » November 28th, 2011, 10:39 am

I called it marquee win cause they haven't lost a nonconference home game in a few years until this year where they have already lost 3.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball