Indiana St. Vs. Fairfield - 11/27 3:30 pm on ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana St. Vs. Fairfield - 11/27 3:30 pm on ESPN2

Postby MSUDuo » November 27th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Chuck wrote:I am not an Indiana State fan but I will say this, that was ugly but to say Indiana State was "Weekend champs" is idiotic. Do some research: Indiana State has lost two games in recent memory and they were against Syracuse and Minnesota. I think maybe a certain poster on this site should take a lesson from his own complaints on trolling.

The point was that they weren't Conference Champs. They weren't. MSU was. ISUb got hot in 3 days in STL. Nothing wrong with that but let's call it what it was.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MSUDuo » November 27th, 2011, 7:39 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:
beatingrillz wrote:I dont care how amazing syc fans think Odum is I wouldn't want him on my team, makes really dumb plays and his attitude cost his team Tim and time again.

Just shows your complete lack of basketball knowledge. The guy has a triple double in a college game and you wouldn't want him on your team? Dumb statement sir.

He also had 3 turnovers and 2 of 7 shooting. I'll take Mikey B over him any day
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Chuck » November 27th, 2011, 7:43 pm

MSUDuo wrote:
Chuck wrote:I am not an Indiana State fan but I will say this, that was ugly but to say Indiana State was "Weekend champs" is idiotic. Do some research: Indiana State has lost two games in recent memory and they were against Syracuse and Minnesota. I think maybe a certain poster on this site should take a lesson from his own complaints on trolling.

The point was that they weren't Conference Champs. They weren't. MSU was. ISUb got hot in 3 days in STL. Nothing wrong with that but let's call it what it was.

They weren't exactly the 10th seed here...they were the third best team in the conference. I am not going to rehash this constantly as some do but The trees did what was needed to make the tourney, that's what it was.
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby SycamorePsycho » November 27th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Sycamores definitely need to work on closing out a game...had we known how to close out a game we probably would have won this tournament. A win is a win regardless...now it's time to focus on the MVC/MWC Challenge...we need to take down Boise State.
SycamorePsycho
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » November 27th, 2011, 9:09 pm

Indiana State is going to have to not Lebron those last ten minutes of games but It's still early, being 6-1 is probably a good thing considering their problems.
Hope they have at least two conference losses (to my aces).

I've looked at your posting history and you've commented more on Indiana State than on Evansville. Are you sure there's not some shady stuff going on with your fanhood or identity..?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 27th, 2011, 9:13 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
FWIW, I have seen Fairfield picked in at least one mag as the conference champ and named as a "midmajor to watch" in another. That being said, with the way Iona looks, I think they will end up winning the title, with Fairfield ending up as a bubble team.

Bubble teams in 18th ranked conferences cannot have 4 losses in November. They will finish 2nd, but that isn't a multiple bid league. Iona is the only bubble team in the MAAC.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby LJay » November 27th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Odum has Plantar Fascitis?! That eventually sidelined CU's Wragge last year leading to a medical redshirt. Has this been confirmed? Perhaps the poster meant Richard has it?

Very painful.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby FearDaTrees » November 28th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Yes it has been confirmed. I had this in high school and yes it is very painful. I had mine laser cut out and it took about a week to heal up and they were fine after that. If something has to be done I can't imagine he will be out more than a game or two.
FearDaTrees
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby glm38 » November 28th, 2011, 5:37 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:Yes it has been confirmed. I had this in high school and yes it is very painful. I had mine laser cut out and it took about a week to heal up and they were fine after that. If something has to be done I can't imagine he will be out more than a game or two.

Unfortunately plantar fasciitis is not always that easy to get over. Sometimes surgery works and sometimes it doesn't. It is sometimes a chronic condition that you never completely get over. Hopefully that's not the case for your star player.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » November 28th, 2011, 9:44 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:Yes it has been confirmed.

Yikes, that's not good...
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball