Indiana St. Vs. Fairfield - 11/27 3:30 pm on ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana St. Vs. Fairfield - 11/27 3:30 pm on ESPN2

Postby WSUbballer » November 27th, 2011, 6:24 pm

pafan wrote:And? I believe Ron "Meta World Peace" Artest had a quadruple double (pts, reb, ast, stl) when he played for the Pacers.

Doesn't mean I'd want him back.

Great analogy and one probably most Sycamore fans will either ignore or won't understand.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » November 27th, 2011, 6:30 pm

FearDaTrees wrote:It doesn't matter what I or any other Syc fan says, we will always be wrong in your opinions. That's fine...just be prepared to eat your crow just like last year. We are still the conference champs and off to a 6-1 start.

Fear the Trees!

You are weekend champs. Please don't try and blow things up any more than they already are.

And since you admitted that you aren't a MAAC expert, let me agree with every other person in here that Iona is the team to beat out of that conference. Unless Fairfield pulls an "Indiana State", don't count on them being in the NCAA's.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » November 27th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Good win sycs, Fairfield will be a top 100 rpi team at the end.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shocker3 » November 27th, 2011, 6:49 pm

Congrats Sycs! A nice win!
http://www.tomsawyer2wayradios.com
shocker3
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby isumvc1 » November 27th, 2011, 7:00 pm

those last 7 min. were the worst I have ever seen I think. I am sure other MVC teams are gonna see that and be pressing like h-e-l-l against us at times. We have got to figure out how to handle the ball better in those situations.

A win is a win, no matter how ugly it may look
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Chuck » November 27th, 2011, 7:15 pm

I am not an Indiana State fan but I will say this, that was ugly but to say Indiana State was "Weekend champs" is idiotic. Do some research: Indiana State has lost two games in recent memory and they were against Syracuse and Minnesota. I think maybe a certain poster on this site should take a lesson from his own complaints on trolling.
Indiana State is going to have to not Lebron those last ten minutes of games but It's still early, being 6-1 is probably a good thing considering their problems.
Hope they have at least two conference losses (to my aces).
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MVCfans » November 27th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Interesting win to say the least. Odum with the first MVC triple double since 1998.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Chuck » November 27th, 2011, 7:20 pm

MoValley John wrote:
jackwagon wrote:PPL are showing their hatred for the sycamore fan base here. They didnt handle the press break well but the whole game was hard to watch and you wouldnt want Odum on your team? Ok then. Nice win for the sycs and the valley

See, you are calling people haters, but since you said the game was hard to watch, you could be a hater, too. Indiana State is not hard to watch. I used to think they were hard to watch, but on Thanksgiving, I said they were hard to watch and because of that, I was called a hater. I won't be a hater so they must not be hard to watch. Haters gotta hate.

I have no problem with someone saying a team is "hard to watch" hell my Aces are practically impossible to watch sometimes but finding a way to win is important. You aren't hating, there are some obvious "haters" on here for the Trees and any team not named their own, you aren't one.
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 27th, 2011, 7:21 pm

I turned the game off because InSU was blowing them out by 20+ pts. What happened? When I was watching, Odum looked great and InSU was running alley-oop after alley-oop.

I don't know what to think about the outcome. A win is a win, but with InSU having the exact same meltdown as they did against Minnesota, InSU looks vulnerable.

FWIW, I have seen Fairfield picked in at least one mag as the conference champ and named as a "midmajor to watch" in another. That being said, with the way Iona looks, I think they will end up winning the title, with Fairfield ending up as a bubble team.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Chuck » November 27th, 2011, 7:26 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:I turned the game off because InSU was blowing them out by 20+ pts. What happened? When I was watching, Odum looked great and InSU was running alley-oop after alley-oop.

I don't know what to think about the outcome. A win is a win, but with InSU having the exact same meltdown as they did against Minnesota, InSU looks vulnerable.

FWIW, I have seen Fairfield picked in at least one mag as the conference champ and named as a "midmajor to watch" in another. That being said, with the way Iona looks, I think they will end up winning the title, with Fairfield ending up as a bubble team.

Apparently Odum has Plantar Fascitis and without Carl Richard does anyone think this may have something to do with that? Wonder what the severity of Richard's injury is, if it's serious I don't think Indiana State is a top 3 team.
Have to worry about the guard depth going on in Terre Haute, do they pull the Redshirt on one of their two freshmen?
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball