Creighton at San Diego State (Wed 9:30pm)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Creighton at San Diego State (Wed 9:30pm)

Postby omahaben » December 1st, 2011, 6:36 am

LJay wrote:
MoValley John wrote:I was amazed at the energy in that arena. Wichita State is electric like that, but geez was that place loud. I wish more Valley arenas could be like that.

It starts with the students and Creighton's students are --------

Seriously? after last night the first thing you need to talk about is our student section?
omahaben
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LJay » December 1st, 2011, 7:09 am

When the subject is electric crowds then yes, the picture from the Campbell game showing 15 students in the crowd that I saw comes to mind in contrast to the SDSU crowd. And oh yeah, the Campbell crowd was good without the students...it helped that they let others into that area before the game.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » December 1st, 2011, 7:20 am

I kind of have to side with LJay here, the Creighton student section leaves much to be desired. I know those that are there, try, but there just isn't much noise or energy generated from the student section.

That said, the weak student section doesn't bother me as much as the rag-arm Oompa Loompas. I really, really want a free tee shirt. The chuckleheads can't throw it as high as my seats and the tee shIrt cannon goes up to the upper bowl. Last year, there was this Oompa Loompa that couldn't chuck a tee shirt to the fourth row. He had a limp wristed throwing motion like Lamar in revenge of the nerds.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » December 1st, 2011, 7:53 am

MVJ, we actually had one last year throw a T-shirt that landed in the row of managers chairs behind the UNI bench last year. Couldn't even get it over the Gatorade jug!

Nice win Jays. Getting the Valley off to a nice start in the Challenge this year. Need the rest to step up now.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ali » December 1st, 2011, 9:15 am

Really nice win for CU. Sets the MVC for multiple bids assuming they don't run away and hide and then win in St Louis too.
Ali
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jaysfan24 » December 1st, 2011, 10:36 am

LJay wrote:When the subject is electric crowds then yes, the picture from the Campbell game showing 15 students in the crowd that I saw comes to mind in contrast to the SDSU crowd. And oh yeah, the Campbell crowd was good without the students...it helped that they let others into that area before the game.

In our defense, it was thanksgiving break. Only something like 15% of the freshman class live in the Omaha area. The student section will show up on Sunday.
jaysfan24
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bigdawg » December 1st, 2011, 11:35 am

This team has the makings of one of those 16-2 or 17-1 teams in the MVC.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby The Color Purple » December 1st, 2011, 1:33 pm

I'm so glad I found the MTN channel on direct TV and was able to watch the second half. It was the most competitive game I've seen so far this year, even more so than the DUKE-KU game in Maui. To go and win in an atmosphere like that with former players pumping up the student section was tough, not to mention the hole CU dug themselves into in the first 10 minutes. I thought Young's leadership in the last 10 minutes was similar to some of the great Valley senior PG's of that past such as Emenecker, Mullins, etc that led their teams to the dance.

Great win CU! 1-0 in the MVC/MWC challenge... it's up to everyone else to keep it going
The Color Purple
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby PorkTornado » December 1st, 2011, 1:50 pm

MoValley John wrote:I kind of have to side with LJay here, the Creighton student section leaves much to be desired. I know those that are there, try, but there just isn't much noise or energy generated from the student section.

That said, the weak student section doesn't bother me as much as the rag-arm Oompa Loompas. I really, really want a free tee shirt. The chuckleheads can't throw it as high as my seats and the tee shIrt cannon goes up to the upper bowl. Last year, there was this Oompa Loompa that couldn't chuck a tee shirt to the fourth row. He had a limp wristed throwing motion like Lamar in revenge of the nerds.

The male Iowa cheerleaders had worse arms than the Creighton Oompa Loompas. It was comically embarrassing.
PorkTornado
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » December 1st, 2011, 2:01 pm

I don't want this to get into one of those "which cheerleaders have the worst arms" threads. I simply want my free stuff. Is it too much to ask an 18-22 year-old in striped overalls and goofy face paint to be able to throw like he wasn't raised by two "moms" and might have actually played a year or two of little league baseball? I'm not looking for a bunch of Major league arms, just competence. Just the ability to chuck a tee shirt 15-20 rows. I want my free stuff! Is that too much to ask?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball