Alabama State at Evansville Aces (Tuesday, Nov 29)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Alabama State at Evansville Aces (Tuesday, Nov 29)

Postby FeartheQ » November 29th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
Do you know much about the SWAC or MEAC before I-N-T-E-G-R-A-T-I-O-N?

Nope. But it is now 2-0-1-1, not 1964.

Well Double, go to the Creighton stadium and start at the photograph of the first Creighton team and make your way around the concourse. I bet as you go from 1964 to 2011 you will notice the gradual increase of black players on your teams. The better black players, back in the day, were in the MEAC and SWAC and would have given the Blue Jay a helluva game, if you would have played them. Now you know :D

Good thing we aren't playing in 1964
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ace Dad » November 29th, 2011, 10:42 pm

LMAO!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9OgZuj5Fhw
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » November 29th, 2011, 10:58 pm

FeartheQ wrote:Good thing we aren't playing in 1964

Aces fans, the real old timers, wouldn't mind. 1964 was the year of Evansville College's third national championship in the college division.
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 29th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Ace Dad wrote:
Do you know much about the SWAC or MEAC before I-N-T-E-G-R-A-T-I-O-N?

Nope. But it is now 2-0-1-1, not 1964.

Well Double, go to the Creighton stadium and start at the photograph of the first Creighton team and make your way around the concourse. I bet as you go from 1964 to 2011 you will notice the gradual increase of black players on your teams. The better black players, back in the day, were in the MEAC and SWAC and would have given the Blue Jay a helluva game, if you would have played them. Now you know :D

This has nothing to do with race. The fact is that the MEAC and SWAC schools stink out loud right now. They are schools that whore out their basketball teams to get money, often not even playing at home until their conference seasons. They are no longer D1 caliber, their history notwithstanding. The rest of the D1 conferences are only enabling them at this point as they are not even seriously trying to compete at this level. On top of all of that, I read somewhere that if the new APR requirements applied to those conferences, only about 4 schools total would be eligible.

Make no mistake about it - other programs keep paying those schools to spread their legs because they are EASY wins. Coaches like easy wins. Athletic directors like easy wins. SWAc and MEAC schools like being used. It is what it is. Buggy whips used to be very valuable back in the day too. Today, not so much. Times change.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » November 29th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Ace Dad wrote:

LMAO!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 9OgZuj5Fhw

Was Texas Western once in the Swac or MEac? I know they aren't now....
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Chuck » November 29th, 2011, 11:44 pm

Ace Dad wrote:Aces win 62-55

Wasn't our prettiest game by any stretch but we did a good job of front running in that first half but a lot like other teams, we can't put our foot on anyones throat. The only team we have put away this year is Oakland City. This team plays marty ball, just need to defend and defend well.
Kenny Harris played exceptionally well tonight, I really like the hustle on the boards he gives on basically every play.
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby beatingrillz » November 29th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Aces1982 wrote:This year was suppose to be a break out year. A year UE could contend for a top 4 spot. So far it has been sloppy. A good win over a decent, at best, Butler team. Blown out against IU. A win vs Oakland City, really? A loss on the road to UIC, who wouldn't finish in the top 8 in the Valley. And a 7 point home win over Alabama St. Impressive? I don't think so either. Let's just hope something changes, clicks, jells or turns around otherwise we will struggle to stay out of Thursday.

Something seems to be missing from this team. Can't put my finger on it. No flow or cohesiveness.

Talent?
beatingrillz
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Chuck » November 29th, 2011, 11:59 pm

bryce wrote:Ragged play by Aces, look good at time, terrible at other.

It's amazing how Jekyll and Hyde this team is, what we lack is a good ball-handler/facilitator and some inside beef.
If our flaws are as obvious as they look now come conference play, we will be in big trouble.
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby havoc » November 30th, 2011, 8:06 am

beatingrillz wrote:
Aces1982 wrote:This year was suppose to be a break out year. A year UE could contend for a top 4 spot. So far it has been sloppy. A good win over a decent, at best, Butler team. Blown out against IU. A win vs Oakland City, really? A loss on the road to UIC, who wouldn't finish in the top 8 in the Valley. And a 7 point home win over Alabama St. Impressive? I don't think so either. Let's just hope something changes, clicks, jells or turns around otherwise we will struggle to stay out of Thursday.

Something seems to be missing from this team. Can't put my finger on it. No flow or cohesiveness.

Talent?

Basically the same team as last year. So far, this Aces team would be doing well to finish in the same spot as last years. A talented, experienced big man is what is missing.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » November 30th, 2011, 3:38 pm

The problem with Evansville is that Shooter has to keep running the picket fence for Jimmy Chitwood, er I mean Colt Ryan, every possession just to keep them competitive. That play should be reserved for critical games with an inspirational soundtrack!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball