MSU @ Oral Roberts Wed Nov 30 @ 7 PM

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU @ Oral Roberts Wed Nov 30 @ 7 PM

Postby WSUbballer » November 30th, 2011, 9:04 pm

How Missouri State of them. There goes the ol' SOS.

Sorry, I hadda.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FeartheQ » November 30th, 2011, 9:05 pm

WSUbballer wrote:How Missouri State of them. There goes the ol' SOS.

Sorry, I hadda.

True that, terrible loss for the Bears
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MVCfans » November 30th, 2011, 9:06 pm

ORU is a good team, but this is a game the Bears and MVC could have really used.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Crap......
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

MSU @ Oral Roberts Wed Nov 30 @ 7 PM

Postby FeartheQ » November 30th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Bears are hoping to pull an Indiana State and win in St. Louis :buddies:
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoBraves » November 30th, 2011, 9:16 pm

MVCfans wrote:ORU is a good team, but this is a game the Bears and MVC could have really used.

The Bears had it comin' eventually. They have probably overachieved to this point. I don't believe they would be in any At-Large talk anyhow toward the end of the season. Would have been good for the Valley RPI, but not a devastating loss - may slightly factor into whether they get invited to the NIT if they have a very good year anyway.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » November 30th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Bad loss. ORU is pretty good but not THAT good. Our offense just seems to have deserted us these last 2 games. Not a very good effort tonight either. They beat us to all the loose balls and pounded us on the boards. Only bright spot is Weems really played well in the 2nd half.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 30th, 2011, 9:33 pm

MoBraves wrote:
MVCfans wrote:ORU is a good team, but this is a game the Bears and MVC could have really used.

The Bears had it comin' eventually. They have probably overachieved to this point. I don't believe they would be in any At-Large talk anyhow toward the end of the season. Would have been good for the Valley RPI, but not a devastating loss - may slightly factor into whether they get invited to the NIT if they have a very good year anyway.

Can't argue with that right now, hopefully Saturday changes perceptions for the Bears.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdmanBB » November 30th, 2011, 9:50 pm

glm38 wrote:Bad loss. ORU is pretty good but not THAT good. Our offense just seems to have deserted us these last 2 games. Not a very good effort tonight either. They beat us to all the loose balls and pounded us on the boards. Only bright spot is Weems really played well in the 2nd half.

This is kind of how I felt about Weems last year, but he had a very good supporting cast. I always felt that his game didn't really get going until the 2nd half in most games and if the rest of the team are unable to pick up the slack while he is getting in rhythm that it could spell trouble this year as they are playing from behind.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » November 30th, 2011, 9:57 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:
glm38 wrote:Bad loss. ORU is pretty good but not THAT good. Our offense just seems to have deserted us these last 2 games. Not a very good effort tonight either. They beat us to all the loose balls and pounded us on the boards. Only bright spot is Weems really played well in the 2nd half.

This is kind of how I felt about Weems last year, but he had a very good supporting cast. I always felt that his game didn't really get going until the 2nd half in most games and if the rest of the team are unable to pick up the slack while he is getting in rhythm that it could spell trouble this year as they are playing from behind.

Lets hope they wont be playing from behind all year!
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball