Occupy Terre Haute

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Occupy Terre Haute

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 6:06 pm

give me heart wrote:Flip flopping is an art and you, movalley john, are one of the best. lol Thats not what I sad er yeah it is but its not what I meant ... I mean yes it is or is it? I don't know which is it? Not to start a firestorm but you are a liar that believes his own lies.

Are you done yet? You are making yourself look silly. But I digress, if you really want to know my feelings about Jake Odum, spend a few minutes reading the entire board. Here are a couple of my quotes from the Odum Sophomore Slump thread:

It is way too early to rush to any judgement, but here are the early stats on Odum:
Min: 35 FG% .471 TO: 4.0

All in all, he looks about the same. Early on, he's playing a little over five minutes a game longer than last year, his assists are up and so are his turnovers per game.

Based on the box score, GodOdumGod had a great game....... Biz, not so much.

These are a couple of my quotes, verbatim. Does that sound like hate? Does that sound like somebody with a vendetta? No, I am not down on Odum, I don't hate him. I also think it's way too early to start crowning players or teams. My posts here were not to come to any players defense or to attack any player. But you got a wild hair and started taking my comments out of context. I guess for the comprehension-challenged posters on this site, I should have said, "come to the defense of McDermott being selected." Would that have been a more complete thought? Would that have diffused all of this silliness? Would it have made it any less confusing for you?

In reality, all I did was try to slow down another potential Jake Odum mudslinging thread. I failed. But it didn't turn into a Jake Odum mudfest thread until you chimed in. Now keep in mind, I can play your game, probably a whole lot better than you can imagine- ask anyone here. I don't want to do it, but if pushed, I will.

So I ask again, are you done yet?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Chuck » November 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm

give me heart wrote:Flip flopping is an art and you, movalley john, are one of the best. lol Thats not what I said er yeah it is but its not what I meant ... I mean yes it is or is it? I don't know which is it? Not to start a firestorm but you are a liar that believes his own lies.

Why are you after MVJ? there have been much worse things stated about Odum than what MVJ has stated. In fact didn't he defend Odum a couple of times? Like I said before since the Trolling rules are well stated on this site do they cover baiting? Because it's very obvious that this entire subject was that...
From the desk of Charles Bartowski
Chuck
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Chuck wrote:Why are you after MVJ? there have been much worse things stated about Odum than what MVJ has stated. In fact didn't he defend Odum a couple of times? Like I said before since the Trolling rules are well stated on this site do they cover baiting? Because it's very obvious that this entire subject was that...

Thank you. For the record, I don't hate any players in the Valley, in fact, I am probably more sympathetic to their challenges than most. I will try to elaborate, but I don't know if this means anything to anyone.

I was a very good wrestler in high school and a decent, but undersized footballl player. With that, I had siblings that played D-1 athletics, as well as uncles that played professional sports. Currently, I have three nephews that play sports competing at three different Valley schools in two different sports. I also have gotten to meet and know some of their teammates. Regardless of school, most of these kids are really upstanding guys.

Knowing what my siblings went through, and watching the recruiting process my nephews went through, I empathize with any kid that goes through this process. That includes Jake Odum. These kids make a very difficult decision and are under the microscope- all because of a silly game. I don't like the recruiting stuff, it is too intrusive on the 17 year-old and his family. I have been to games where strangers came up and started questioning my sister and brother about their kids. My sister quit going to her sons football games because the interruptions got out of hand. Knowing this, I don't hate any kids in the Valley. This isn't the SEC!!!

With all of that, I wasn't trying to start some pissing match, I was simply trying to demonstrate how one performance could trump another. I really was trying to defuse a potential situation. Unfortunately, it went the other way.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby give me heart » November 30th, 2011, 7:12 pm

MoValley John wrote:
give me heart wrote:Flip flopping is an art and you, movalley john, are one of the best. lol Thats not what I sad er yeah it is but its not what I meant ... I mean yes it is or is it? I don't know which is it? Not to start a firestorm but you are a liar that believes his own lies.

Are you done yet? You are making yourself look silly. But I digress, if you really want to know my feelings about Jake Odum, spend a few minutes reading the entire board. Here are a couple of my quotes from the Odum Sophomore Slump thread:

It is way too early to rush to any judgement, but here are the early stats on Odum:
Min: 35 FG% .471 TO: 4.0

All in all, he looks about the same. Early on, he's playing a little over five minutes a game longer than last year, his assists are up and so are his turnovers per game.

Based on the box score, GodOdumGod had a great game....... Biz, not so much.

These are a couple of my quotes, verbatim. Does that sound like hate? Does that sound like somebody with a vendetta? No, I am not down on Odum, I don't hate him. I also think it's way too early to start crowning players or teams. My posts here were not to come to any players defense or to attack any player. But you got a wild hair and started taking my comments out of context. I guess for the comprehension-challenged posters on this site, I should have said, "come to the defense of McDermott being selected." Would that have been a more complete thought? Would that have diffused all of this silliness? Would it have made it any less confusing for you?

In reality, all I did was try to slow down another potential Jake Odum mudslinging thread. I failed. But it didn't turn into a Jake Odum mudfest thread until you chimed in. Now keep in mind, I can play your game, probably a whole lot better than you can imagine- ask anyone here. I don't want to do it, but if pushed, I will.

So I ask again, are you done yet?

Oh my you are so scary. Do what you feel is necessary.Threatening me with your cyber bully antics doesn't intimidate me.
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby give me heart » November 30th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Oh by the way, in my post, I never once belitted Mr. McDerrmott or his play. It is my opinion that he is an incredible basketball player and his work effort and determination show through on the court. His accolades are well deserved. My issues are with petty posts that are done to insult, berate and agitate a player and or a fan base. It shows a lack of sportsmanship and character.
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MVCfans » November 30th, 2011, 7:40 pm

Probably best just to move on and turn our attention to the games tonight.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball