Occupy Terre Haute

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Occupy Terre Haute

Postby RoyalShock » November 30th, 2011, 1:43 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:Jake Odum doesn't win awards. Awards are named after Jake Odum. (my best Jake Odum/Chuck Norris)

Jake Odum doesn't turn the ball over, he gifts it to the other team out of sympathy.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BirdmanBB » November 30th, 2011, 1:55 pm

RoyalShock wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:Jake Odum doesn't win awards. Awards are named after Jake Odum. (my best Jake Odum/Chuck Norris)

Jake Odum doesn't turn the ball over, he gifts it to the other team out of sympathy.

Jake Odum doesn't need to gameplan for his opponents. His Opponents need to gameplan for him.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 2:11 pm

give me heart wrote:
MoValley John wrote:I was defending the SELECTION of Doug McDermott as POW, not Doug the player. Doug needs no defense. I was trying to demonstrate why people in charge of making a selection might choose A over B, or how they could choose B over A. The title of the thread is "Occupy Terra Haute". The sentiment was that Odum was robbed. Doug needs no defense. Doug was chosen, so Doug's stats were used. If Bazooka won the award and the same thread were posted, I would be using Bazooka as a comparison. Likewise, if Odum won the award and a thread popped up, I would use Odum in the comparison.

I guess I could have chimed in and used Torrey Murry instead of McDecommitt.

You, sir, were the third post in this thread. There was no sentiment established when you chose to defend your position or not defend it. Whichever it was you were doing. lol still some funny stuff

Really? No sentiment? The title of the thread had no sentiment? Nobody would extrapolate from previous behavior of Sycamore fans that the title of this thread wasn't a crystal clear barb pointed their way? Nobody saw any sentiment in the title? Just me? Really?

Furthermore, the original post began with two words, Doug McDermott. Yes, those were the very first words of this thread. Let me repeat, word one of the thread was Doug and word two was McDermott. Here is the original post:
Doug McDermott wins MVC Player of the Week again despite Odum having the first MVC triple double in like 20 years. I suspect the Terre Hautians will be protesting about the man keeping them down soon.

The final sentence closes with, "I suspect the Terre Hautians will be protesting about the man keeping them down soon."

If I were a fourth grader and didn't have a working sarcasm meter, I would take the title and the first post on face value and comprehended amazement over the selection- a selection that should outrage Terra Hautian's over GodOdumGod not being picked.

Instead, I guess I had my sarcasm meter tuned in a little too strong and picked up on sarcasm that wasn't there. Instead, the title and original post was real outrage, real shock, a real reaction based on an injustice. I mistakenly attempted to address what I perceived as sarcasm and baiting with a rational explanation of how Doug McDermott, the very first person mentioned in the entire thread, could have been picked.

Yep, you are right, there is no sentiment, no baiting of Sycamore fans, no nothing. I simply ran in and jumped to Dougie's defense. That's what I did. Yep.

for the record, much of the above was also sarcastic. Speaking in Sycamorese, lol.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » November 30th, 2011, 2:19 pm

"Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who..."Image
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 2:24 pm

unipanther99 wrote:"Lets not bicker and argue about who killed who..."Image

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Batman: You killed my parents.
The Joker: What? What? What are you talking about?
Batman: I made you, you made me first.
The Joker: Hey, bat-brain, I mean, I was a kid when I killed your parents. I mean, I say "I made you" you gotta say "you made me." I mean, how childish can you get?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » November 30th, 2011, 2:25 pm

MVJ, don't waste your time. give me heart has never shown much in the way of comprehension or given any reason to ever be taken seriously.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » November 30th, 2011, 2:25 pm

I hope everyone has a bit of a sense of humor about such matters. Life has enough problems without needing to get upset about a snarky comment or two on a message board.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Okay, sometimes people don't understand the viewpoint of other people. Here is a prime example.

http://youtu.be/utUoZ38pvCc
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MSUDuo » November 30th, 2011, 2:48 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:WSU had VCU at home last year, so I am guessing they will be on the road this year for bracketbusters. Speaking of which. Bracketbusters could be very interesting as the valley could be above and beyond better than all other conferences in it. Needless to say, there aren't going to be many good games to be had. It's almost setting us up as "our bids to lose" weekend.

It will be up to us(MVC) to take care of business...If we can't find a way to win on the road late in the season then we probably shouldn't worry about at-large berths...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby give me heart » November 30th, 2011, 2:50 pm

MVCfans wrote:I hope everyone has a bit of a sense of humor about such matters. Life has enough problems without needing to get upset about a snarky comment or two on a message board.

Exactly why I laughed when I read Mr. MoValley John say, "At the risk of starting a firestorm, I will chime in and defend Doug McDecommitt." , then follow it up "Where did I ever say I was defending him? I'm not."

lol funny stuff thanks for the laugh
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball