Occupy Terre Haute

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Occupy Terre Haute

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 3:40 pm

give me heart wrote:
MVCfans wrote:I hope everyone has a bit of a sense of humor about such matters. Life has enough problems without needing to get upset about a snarky comment or two on a message board.

Exactly why I laughed when I read Mr. MoValley John say, "At the risk of starting a firestorm, I will chime in and defend Doug McDecommitt." , then follow it up "Where did I ever say I was defending him? I'm not."

lol funny stuff thanks for the laugh

Everybody else can read and understand what I was saying. So laugh away.

But anyway, since you say I'm defending Dougie, which I wasn't, here is a demonstration of just how I play when people won't play nice. The best defense is often a good offense, here is my offense.

GodOdumGod had five of his ten points until there was under 10 minutes to play. Of his amazing 10 points, five were scored at the charity stripe as the Stags were attempting to come back, play aggressive and foul. Yep, and three of those five were made in what should have been mop up time. To break down GodOdumGod's second half scoring explosion, he made two free throws with 6:19 to go which put the Trees up 63-46. With 4:59, Jake missed a three point attempt to help ice the game, the lead stayed 63-50. With 4:16 to go, Indiana State up by 11, Odum is fouled. Cool Hand Jake goes to the line and makes one of two, extending the lead to 12. With 2:27 to go and the Sycamores up 64-56, GodOdumGod turns the ball over. With 1:03 to go, Indiana State up by seven, the Stags are fouling. They foul Cool Hand Jake, who again goes an impressive 1-2 at the line. Jake then matches up his impressive free throw abilities with impressive defense; he fouls a guy shooting a desperation three! You guessed it, the three ball wasn't good, but the guy for the Stags sank all three free throws. Suddenly, and many thanks to Odum, a double digit lead is now five with a minute to play. With 25 seconds to go, Jake picks up his fourth foul and sends Fairfield to the line. They sink both, making it a four point game. Odum gets a defensive rebound with 12 seconds to go and is immediately fouled. Like clockwork, Odum goes 1-2. Plenty of chances for GodOdumGod, Master of all Things Basketball to ice the game. Cool Hand Odum could simply hang on and hope. Nice free throw exhibition, Jake!

Jake Odum had ample opportunity to ice the game, but instead, he fouled, missed free throws and turned the ball over. Sure, he had a triple-double, but not all triple-doubles are alike.

Does this sound like the works of the Valley POW?
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » November 30th, 2011, 4:25 pm

After a careful statistical review, I must say that Jake Odum deserves the POW award for obtaining the unheard of feat of a deca-double! In just 128 minutes of game action last week JO scored 39 points (besting DM by 8) grabbed 17 rebounds (besting DM by 6) and crushed DM's pittiful assist total of 2 by dishing out 30! He also had 10 steals, 27 field goal attemps, 10 makes, 25 free throws attempted, 17 makes, 16 personal fouls, and 16 turn overs!

In all seriousness, the original poster was purely trying to bait some Sycamore fans and it worked. If the Tree fans and Tree sympathizers hadn't responded by agreeing that JO deserved the award then the thread would have died a quiet death. As it is, some Sycamore fans really do believe that they are being slighted and that Crying Jake DESERVED the award over Douggie McD. Jake deserved to be in the discussion, but the truth is that McDermott is a SPECIAL player the likes of which the Valley hasn't seen for some time! He will continue to swallow up a ton of these awards and when I'm old and arthritic people will likely still bring up Doug's name as a great MVC player (similar to Xavier McDaniel, Kyle Korver, and others). Jake Odum (like Toure Murray) will only be a footnote in his school's history.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby give me heart » November 30th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Exactly why I laughed when I read Mr. MoValley John say, "At the risk of starting a firestorm, I will chime in and defend Doug McDecommitt." , then follow it up "Where did I ever say I was defending him? I'm not."

lol funny stuff thanks for the laugh
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Wufan wrote:After a careful statistical review, I must say that Jake Odum deserves the POW award for obtaining the unheard of feat of a deca-double! In just 128 minutes of game action last week JO scored 39 points (besting DM by 8) grabbed 17 rebounds (besting DM by 6) and crushed DM's pittiful assist total of 2 by dishing out 30! He also had 10 steals, 27 field goal attemps, 10 makes, 25 free throws attempted, 17 makes, 16 personal fouls, and 16 turn overs!

In all seriousness, the original poster was purely trying to bait some Sycamore fans and it worked. If the Tree fans and Tree sympathizers hadn't responded by agreeing that JO deserved the award then the thread would have died a quiet death. As it is, some Sycamore fans really do believe that they are being slighted and that Crying Jake DESERVED the award over Douggie McD. Jake deserved to be in the discussion, but the truth is that McDermott is a SPECIAL player the likes of which the Valley hasn't seen for some time! He will continue to swallow up a ton of these awards and when I'm old and arthritic people will likely still bring up Doug's name as a great MVC player (similar to Xavier McDaniel, Kyle Korver, and others). Jake Odum (like Toure Murray) will only be a footnote in his school's history.

Darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew I needed to delve further into his impressive stats!!!! I totally missed the Deca-Double!!!!

I will not never again discredit the sheer awesomeness that is Jake Odum!!!!

Jake Odum once visited The Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
When God said, "Let there be light", Jake Odum said, "say please."
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 30th, 2011, 4:59 pm

This entire thread is pretty comical. In a crazy senseless kind of way.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby give me heart » November 30th, 2011, 5:02 pm

glm38 wrote:This entire thread is pretty comical. In a crazy senseless kind of way.

very well said
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 5:10 pm

glm38 wrote:This entire thread is pretty comical. In a crazy senseless kind of way.

There is nothing comical about a Deca-Double. If Weems carded a Deca-Double, we would be hearing about it for years to come! Jake Odum once bowled a 300. Without a ball. He wasn't even in a bowling alley.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » November 30th, 2011, 5:17 pm

MoValley John wrote:

There is nothing comical about a Deca-Double. If Weems carded a Deca-Double, we would be hearing about it for years to come! Jake Odum once bowled a 300. Without a ball. He wasn't even in a bowling alley.

Thanks MVCJ - I just laughed out loud - literally - to the point my wife and son think I'm having a breakdown.....
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » November 30th, 2011, 5:32 pm

glm38 wrote:
Thanks MVCJ - I just laughed out loud - literally - to the point my wife and son think I'm having a breakdown.....

You better get that checked out. It's probably nothing. It could be common laughter... Or it could be schistosomiosis.
Attachments
MV5BMTcxODAwMjgzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMzMDY5NA@@._V1._CR0,0,330,330_SS100_.jpg
MV5BMTcxODAwMjgzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODMzMDY5NA@@._V1._CR0,0,330,330_SS100_.jpg (4.84 KiB) Viewed 790 times
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby give me heart » November 30th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Flip flopping is an art and you, movalley john, are one of the best. lol Thats not what I said er yeah it is but its not what I meant ... I mean yes it is or is it? I don't know which is it? Not to start a firestorm but you are a liar that believes his own lies.
give me heart
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball