NORTHERN IOWA @ Iowa State (11/30 7PM)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NORTHERN IOWA @ Iowa State (11/30 7PM)

Postby FeartheQ » November 30th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Awesome win on the road! Go Panthers!
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » November 30th, 2011, 9:22 pm

If you're into message board comedic gold, check out some of the posts at http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/

This is literally the first one I read:

So Sick of Losing to UNI and Drake

Haw can we ever be taken seriously until we beat these inferior teams that get up to play us?

Now I know how Iowa Football Fans Feel. (Although it is funny when it happens to them)

:Cheers:
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby valleychamp » November 30th, 2011, 9:27 pm

UNI is really surpassing my expectations thus far. Other than the St Marys game, they have looked really good this year. Freshman Seth Tuttle has been great so far, and had 9 pts and 12 rebounds again tonight.

Great win tonight on the road.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 30th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Congrats on the win! Tuttle will certainly be in the discussion for FOY.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » November 30th, 2011, 10:22 pm

unipanther99 wrote:If you're into message board comedic gold, check out some of the posts at http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/

This is literally the first one I read:

So Sick of Losing to UNI and Drake

Haw can we ever be taken seriously until we beat these inferior teams that get up to play us?

Now I know how Iowa Football Fans Feel. (Although it is funny when it happens to them)

:Cheers:

The thing is they keep saying the same stuff people on here say about us. I guess people don't want to learn that we win ball games. Simple as that. We don't out talent you, but we out work you and out tough you. And it isn't like we have no talent. Chicago State has no talent. We have quite a bit it just isn't flashy talent. It is like watching Wisconsin. There is talent there, but they still play tough as nails and work hard. (Obviously Wisconsin is more talented than us but it is that style).

They want to drop us from the schedule. Surprise, surprise. Wayne Morgan was saying the same thing. I guess when losing is now the norm for them against a lowly MVC team you get like that. Stupid.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MVCfans » November 30th, 2011, 10:23 pm

I love that the Valley is now 3-0 vs Iowa and Iowa State. I have no reason think UNI and Drake won't beat Iowa yet as well.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby strike00 » November 30th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Cyclone fans are having a little difficulty with the fact that their supergroup of transfers lost to the instate MVC schools.

Good road win for UNI tonight. Hopefully ISU gels and does some damage in the Big 12.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby unipanther99 » November 30th, 2011, 10:31 pm

I don't think there is any question that the Cyclones were outcoached tonight. I think Fred Hoiberg misses having Bobby Lutz on the bench next to him.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby BirdmanBB » November 30th, 2011, 10:52 pm

MVCfans wrote:I love that the Valley is now 3-0 vs Iowa and Iowa State. I have no reason think UNI and Drake won't beat Iowa yet as well.

I do...

Boise St. 108-64 Drake
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Heinro » December 1st, 2011, 12:37 am

I try and keep thing in perspective and not get overly worked up when we lose but I don't see how we lose to Drake and UNI and beat somewhat decent teams like Providence and Rice. I just want us to play consistent and we can't seem to put 40 minutes of good basketball together.

First wonderfully dumb post. UNI also beat Providence and Rice. Unbelievable. Now they should be upset about losing to Drake, I know that I will be if WSU does this season.

I really think it is a joke to be beat by UNI 5 out of the last 6 years, and the last 3 times in Hilton. I am sorry but this is a joke.

Maybe its time to face the facts that BCS and Big 12 money doesn't mean everything. You might be able to recruit better talent but that does not equate to being a better program. UNI has been consistently better for years.

I think the deal is college basketball is more equal now a days. With what UNI did a couple of years ago and VCU and Butler the past two seasons.

those teams are jokes. those teams would get pounded playing top tier opponents two times a week

What do I even say to this? PLAY US!

There are so many of the mid major teams that you are always gonna have one go on a roll and stir up march madness. But theres a reason they are mid majors and if they played division 1 teams week in and week out they would not even make the tourney! We got out coached and out played. But the team with the most talented players did not win. The team that played as a team won. Thats partly on the coach and partly on the players. Not the talent level.

What constitutes a Division 1 team? :huh: I guess WSU does play Newman at some point.

Secondly, basketball is a TEAM game; get your talent to play better as a team and maybe you will win. Besides I would argue that UNI is quite talented and just as inexperienced, mind you I don't know too much about ISU's roster.

Cracks me up that their old coach books it out of there and is having far more success.

Did butler not make the final four the past two seasons. And by the way if you get there once its not luck.

they can keep there guys more fresh because there not getting killed in the regular season everynight. this is a classic example of why i like the bcs. non bcs schools have no buisness playing for a national title

Come play in the Valley, see how fresh your team stays. Valley is just as much of a grind, obviously since our teams consistently beat them. How many Valley schools has UNI beat 5 out of the last 6 contests, 3 on the road?

Non-BCS schools have no business playing for the title only because they can beat you? Be careful what you wish for; if Texas decides to leave town, you might not be able to consider yourself all high and mighty when you don't have the Big 12 backing you.

Sorry for the insanely long post. Just BCS morons like these are the real joke.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball