TCU at Evansville (Saturday, Dec 3rd)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: TCU at Evansville (Saturday, Dec 3rd)

Postby bryce » December 3rd, 2011, 9:47 pm

Didn't get a chance to listen to the post game show but have to wonder why Sarvell got so little playing time in the 2nd half. In the first half he blocked a shot, altered at least 1 other and drew 2 charging fouls on players driving toward the basket in the short time he played. That's not counting the good screens he set for Ryan. He saw just a few minutes of playing time in the 2nd half as TCU controlled the interior in the 2nd half including the game winner.
bryce
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby acesfool » December 3rd, 2011, 9:49 pm

The refs screwed TCU every way you could imagine and the Aces still couldn't find a way to win.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby WSUbballer » December 3rd, 2011, 9:58 pm

This one hurts. Gotta protect the home court against this type of competition.

UE may have had everyone fooled with their preseasoon rank..
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby klinky » December 4th, 2011, 12:17 am

bryce wrote:Didn't get a chance to listen to the post game show but have to wonder why Sarvell got so little playing time in the 2nd half. In the first half he blocked a shot, altered at least 1 other and drew 2 charging fouls on players driving toward the basket in the short time he played. That's not counting the good screens he set for Ryan. He saw just a few minutes of playing time in the 2nd half as TCU controlled the interior in the 2nd half including the game winner.

Sawvell did provide some quality minutes tonight. I could tell, though, that he hasn't yet fully recovered from his bout with mono. His stamina isn't back yet and he was getting gassed fairly quickly.

This was a tough, hard fought, well played game. TCU just had one player make some really increadible shots at the end.

The Aces will be alright. I'm seeing improvement each game.
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 4th, 2011, 7:29 am

Evansville is making me look like a fool for picking them so high before the season. Right now they are a play-in team along with SIU and Bradley.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby NeutralObserver » December 4th, 2011, 9:44 am

bryce wrote:TCU wins as they hit a layup over our big 6'2" post player Jones, this loss is on Marty.

A few weeks ago Marty was the 2nd coming of Brad Stevens ?
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby ACECARD » December 4th, 2011, 11:09 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:Evansville is making me look like a fool for picking them so high before the season. Right now they are a play-in team along with SIU and Bradley.

At this point in time they are, without a doubt, a play-in team.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » December 4th, 2011, 11:15 am

bryce wrote:Didn't get a chance to listen to the post game show but have to wonder why Sarvell got so little playing time in the 2nd half. In the first half he blocked a shot, altered at least 1 other and drew 2 charging fouls on players driving toward the basket in the short time he played. That's not counting the good screens he set for Ryan. He saw just a few minutes of playing time in the 2nd half as TCU controlled the interior in the 2nd half including the game winner.

It appears to me that, as it has been all season, Marty is playing not to lose, rather than to win.
Freshmen get almost no playing time in the second half.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby acesfool » December 4th, 2011, 11:59 am

klinky wrote:

Sawvell did provide some quality minutes tonight. I could tell, though, that he hasn't yet fully recovered from his bout with mono. His stamina isn't back yet and he was getting gassed fairly quickly.

This was a tough, hard fought, well played game. TCU just had one player make some really increadible shots at the end.

The Aces will be alright. I'm seeing improvement each game.

After losing to UIC and only beating Al ST on their home court by 7......I sure hope you are seeing some improvement.
acesfool
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby klinky » December 4th, 2011, 1:43 pm

ACECARD wrote:
DoubleJayAlum wrote:Evansville is making me look like a fool for picking them so high before the season. Right now they are a play-in team along with SIU and Bradley.

At this point in time they are, without a doubt, a play-in team.

Disagree. I've seen several Valley games and I don't see six better teams in this conference
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball