Colorado State at UNI

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Colorado State at UNI

Postby Jet915 » December 3rd, 2011, 4:05 pm

Solid win against a likely top 100 RPI team.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » December 4th, 2011, 10:18 am

Another really good effort from UNI in this game. Game was not as close as the score indicated, UNI controlled the game from start to finish and once had a 20 point lead. CSU just started raining contested 3's in the closing minutes.

Really like what I have seen from UNI thus far. AJ with 28 points, and Seth Tuttle with another big day with 16 points.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » December 4th, 2011, 10:38 am

Ali wrote:The Rams could contend for an at large berth ........
UNI 66
CSU 62

Based upon what? A foresight win at Duke? Seriously, nice win last night but let's not start drinking the piped in Terre Haute koolaid.

I guess technically monkeys flying out of my butt could contend for an at large birth, so you aren't entirely on meth.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Khan4Cats » December 4th, 2011, 3:19 pm

I don't think that Colorado State is an at-large type team this year unless they knock off Duke, which I just don't see happening. They'll be solid, but I don't think they'll finish in the top 2 or 3 of the MWC, but just don't know that much about the MWC other tha it is a solid league.

Anyways, nice win for UNI. Showed a little different style as we were the ones forcing some turnovers and pushing tempo a little. Stingy defense caused turnovers and led to some breakouts. Team is playing well on both ends, moving the ball to find the open shot, etc. James had a great shooting night but Tuttle and Pehl are emerging as a nice pair of low-posts who bring different qualities in their time on the floor.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball