Indiana State @ Boise State 10 pm EST

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State @ Boise State 10 pm EST

Postby MVCfans » December 3rd, 2011, 10:45 pm

Sycs trail 64-59. ISU ball. 3+ mins to play.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » December 3rd, 2011, 11:05 pm

Teetering back on the edge of 1-bid status with these putrid results.

I wonder if a Sycamore fan will report in tonight for this one.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Jet915 » December 3rd, 2011, 11:06 pm

I doubt it, ISUB's at large bid pretty much popped with this loss.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » December 3rd, 2011, 11:10 pm

WSUbballer wrote:Teetering back on the edge of 1-bid status with these putrid results.

I'd argue that CU, WSU, and UNI all have legitimate chances.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 4th, 2011, 7:32 am

Jet915 wrote:I doubt it, ISUB's at large bid pretty much popped with this loss.

I wouldn't go that far. A loss on the road to a decent team isn't going to eliminate at large possibilities, so long as Indiana St can avoid a few more.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 4th, 2011, 7:35 am

MVCfans wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:Teetering back on the edge of 1-bid status with these putrid results.

I wouldn't count out InSU yet either.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MVCfans » December 4th, 2011, 8:24 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
MVCfans wrote:

I wouldn't count out InSU yet either.

A win at Vanderbilt would certainly help. Hopefully the loss to Minnesota will be viewed differently also since they had Mbakwe for that one.
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby isumvc1 » December 4th, 2011, 9:48 am

I will chime in on this one. 2 big reasons we lost last night were awful free throw shooting (9-16) and Myles Walker not playing much due to foul trouble, when he was in ISU was doing great, but he barely got to play because he had 2 fouls early in the game, then 2 more within the 1st 2 minutes of the 2nd half.

Had we hit our free throws it would have been a much diff. outcome if you ask me. They also killed us on the boards 33-23, so that didn't help either. 2 offensive rebounds to their 8

isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » December 4th, 2011, 10:46 am

isumvc1 wrote:I will chime in on this one. 2 big reasons we lost last night were awful free throw shooting (9-16) and Myles Walker not playing much due to foul trouble, when he was in ISU was doing great, but he barely got to play because he had 2 fouls early in the game, then 2 more within the 1st 2 minutes of the 2nd half.

Had we hit our free throws it would have been a much diff. outcome if you ask me. They also killed us on the boards 33-23, so that didn't help either. 2 offensive rebounds to their 8

3rd reason. Boise State is a better team. BSU isn't likely to get an at large unless they finish 1-2 in the MVC and run the table against a weak non con schedule that includes 1 likely NCAA tournament team.

The Trees are very well coached, very disciplined, they play solid D and they do what they do very well. They just don't have "at large" talent or a schedule. I suppose it's possible if they beat Vandy and win the Valley they could get one, but I think we all know that's not going to happen, and if it does, the rest of the Valley isn't as good as we thought. They aren't as good as MSU's team last year, and neither is their schedule, so I doubt it's going to happen.

The Trees will do what they do every year, play for 3 (or 4) days in March.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » December 4th, 2011, 2:25 pm

BSU is in the MWC, not the MVC, and I agree, we don't have the schedule to get us an at-large, not even thinking about it. A win over Vandy and a solid showing in the MVC season and tourney would help though.

Last year was the 1st time we'd played more than 2 days in March since about 2001 possibly. It hasn't been a regular occurrence.

2livewu wrote:
isumvc1 wrote:I will chime in on this one. 2 big reasons we lost last night were awful free throw shooting (9-16) and Myles Walker not playing much due to foul trouble, when he was in ISU was doing great, but he barely got to play because he had 2 fouls early in the game, then 2 more within the 1st 2 minutes of the 2nd half.

3rd reason. Boise State is a better team. BSU isn't likely to get an at large unless they finish 1-2 in the MVC and run the table against a weak non con schedule that includes 1 likely NCAA tournament team.

The Trees are very well coached, very disciplined, they play solid D and they do what they do very well. They just don't have "at large" talent or a schedule. I suppose it's possible if they beat Vandy and win the Valley they could get one, but I think we all know that's not going to happen, and if it does, the rest of the Valley isn't as good as we thought. They aren't as good as MSU's team last year, and neither is their schedule, so I doubt it's going to happen.

The Trees will do what they do every year, play for 3 (or 4) days in March.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball