Bradley at Wyoming

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley at Wyoming

Postby BradleyBrave » December 5th, 2011, 11:43 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Agreed with BradleyBrave. The problem with Bradley last year and now (and in the next couple years) has nothing to do with coaching style, timeout usage, out of bounds plays, or any other in game intricasies. It has to do with having a lower level Summit League roster trying to compete in an improved MVC.

Sadly many scholarships are tied up with dead weight so BU only has two rides for next year and have them claimed already. Either the University Prez let's Geno get rid of some guys (she doesn't like doing this...saying they are there for the experience, blah, blah, blah) or this project will take quite some time.

Does the coach really have to get the University President's permission to pull a scholarship?

I don't know if he needs to formally ask, etc. but part of what you get with a president that cares tremendously about the only true national outlet the university has is some micromanaging in this area. I'll take the good with the bad though; the last two guys didn't give a $%&# and you saw how that worked out.

What I think will happen though is a clear explanation to some kids of what their futures would be if they stayed, and the offer to help them find a soft landing spot should they choose that route. I think most kids would probably choose the soft landing spot if they care about playing at all.
"At some point in the near future, we're going to have a team out there competing for championships" - Geno Ford, November 9, 2011.
BradleyBrave
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby bcg » December 5th, 2011, 1:45 pm

There is simply no outside shooting. I can't remember watching a college team with no good threat from the perimeter. Bradley is shooting 22.2% from three point land and I don't know if it will go up or down.

Too many scholarship guys are sitting the bench the whole game for some spots not to open up next year.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » December 5th, 2011, 1:56 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Agreed with BradleyBrave. The problem with Bradley last year and now (and in the next couple years) has nothing to do with coaching style, timeout usage, out of bounds plays, or any other in game intricasies. It has to do with having a lower level Summit League roster trying to compete in an improved MVC.

Sadly many scholarships are tied up with dead weight so BU only has two rides for next year and have them claimed already. Either the University Prez let's Geno get rid of some guys (she doesn't like doing this...saying they are there for the experience, blah, blah, blah) or this project will take quite some time.

Does the coach really have to get the University President's permission to pull a scholarship?

BBrave is right. She cares very much about the basketball program. But she also is big on the "student athlete"...she loves the students..she is very visible to them. She doesn't want any kid to have a "bad experience"...I'm not saying I agree with her, I don't, but that is her general outlook.

Of course after watched last year and now this year she may change her mind :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball