UNLV at Wichita State 3pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNLV at Wichita State 3pm

Postby musiccitybulldog » December 4th, 2011, 5:17 pm

WSUbballer wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:Cox is airing it. However, for out of towners that may not have Cox you can TRY http://www.96cox.net. Cox is suppose to stream it for free there, but I am not sure if it will be available everywhere. It's worth a shot.

Actually, it's http://www.cox96.net

Thanks for posting the link. It was a dandy game. Holy smokes what will the sports media have to think about Wichita? I would think being rated will come soon.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » December 4th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Great win, Shox!

:Cheers:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kyle » December 4th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Solid win. Good job Shox. :+1:
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » December 4th, 2011, 5:38 pm

Shocks looked really good tonight! Ragland (who's been getting a lot of fan hate) played a MONSTER GAME! I guess when you're a PG and you miss your shots then you have an attitude problem. If you make it you're a leader!

Hall didn't have the big rebound stats we've grown accustomed to, but he was all over the boards tipping it around the taller, more athletic Rebels. He played great D and they just couldn't stop him! He really was a Beast!!!

Stutz didn't play great, but in the second half when the Rebels were hot (but 15 + points down) Stutz played good D and kept pouring in the bunnies and adding the pressure to the Rebels effort that eventually became insurmountable.

Murry had the majority of the teams TOs, but otherwise played very well. Kind of a disapointing Odum-like effort.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby WSUbballer » December 4th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Wow, color me stunned.

I didn't really bank on Ragland going off for 31, but WSU was on a mission this game. They manhandled the Rebels. However, I still think UNLV is legit. They just got shell-shocked and ran into a buzzsaw.

The key is for WSU to maintain a similar effort, otherwise this one will go down as a fluke. They need to bring this intensity and effort EVERY game and if that happens, we'll have a good thing going..

GREAT win for the resume though and great win for the league to save us some face in the Challenge and hopefully turns some more heads on a national level.

Thanks for the congratulatory remarks.

:Yea!:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SportsFan JasonK » December 4th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Didn't see this coming.

Had floor seats at Orleans Arena for the North Carolina - UNLV game. Oooed and awed the whole game. UNLV is going to be a #4 - #6 seed in the NCAAs. I expected the Shockers to be down double digits by half time before it got worse. Touche' Shockers.

Ragland had 31 points and 0 turnovers. That man was focused. How do those numbers compare to Reggie Smithson or Craig Stevens? ;)

First retard who called into the post game show criticized the substitutions or lack thereof. If I was the coach I would have reached through the microphone and strangled the guy.

Shockers looking like a #8 or #9 seed in march madness. Now we need Creighton to beat Nebraska.
SportsFan JasonK
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby denjayfan1 » December 4th, 2011, 6:32 pm

So glad that Wichita got a signature win and salvaged a tie in the MVC-MWC challenge.
denjayfan1
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » December 4th, 2011, 6:35 pm

SportsFan JasonK wrote:First retard who called into the post game show criticized the substitutions or lack thereof. If I was the coach I would have reached through the microphone and strangled the guy.

Yeah, he was a total "tard". This was no team you took your foot off their neck.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TrueBlueJay » December 4th, 2011, 7:23 pm

Great win Shox...a much needed shot in the arm for your team.
TrueBlueJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby klinky » December 4th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Congrats Shox...really nice victory!
Wishing I was back home again.
klinky
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball