Evansville at North Carolina (Tues, Dec 6)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Evansville at North Carolina (Tues, Dec 6)

Postby havoc » December 8th, 2011, 6:24 am

Ace Dad wrote:A coach leaves his star player who is 0-4 hoping he will go to 1-5 then 2-6 then 3-7 and 4-8.

A coach leaves his star player who is 1-7 in, hoping he goes to 3-9.

Easy to Wednesday morning quarterback.

Ryan didn't hit his first shot until 4:15 left and the deficit already over 40 points. Sorry, but I see no need to have your star player in the game when you are getting waxed by 40 points and he hasn't even hit a shot. Why risk injury when at some point down the road, you are most likely going to need him in a situation that actually matters.

I don't think questioning why a player continuously shoots poorly from the field continues to play exuberant minutes is exactly Wednesday morning quarterbacking. If the only thing to coaching is to identify your best player and stick to a ridged plan, sign me up.
havoc
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NeutralObserver » December 8th, 2011, 9:09 am

Embarassing, no other words to describe it. This game did the Valley no favors and being on tv so people got to see it rather than just reading a line score. I'm all for scheduling up but ????????????????????
NeutralObserver
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Ace Dad » December 8th, 2011, 2:48 pm

havoc wrote:
Ace Dad wrote:A coach leaves his star player who is 0-4 hoping he will go to 1-5 then 2-6 then 3-7 and 4-8.

A coach leaves his star player who is 1-7 in, hoping he goes to 3-9.

Easy to Wednesday morning quarterback.

Ryan didn't hit his first shot until 4:15 left and the deficit already over 40 points. Sorry, but I see no need to have your star player in the game when you are getting waxed by 40 points and he hasn't even hit a shot. Why risk injury when at some point down the road, you are most likely going to need him in a situation that actually matters.

I don't think questioning why a player continuously shoots poorly from the field continues to play exuberant minutes is exactly Wednesday morning quarterbacking. If the only thing to coaching is to identify your best player and stick to a ridged plan, sign me up.

Fair analysis. Agreed.
There is no difference between basketball and life. Give both your best and ignore the "fans" on the sideline.
Ace Dad
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball