Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 4th Place

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will finish in 4th place during the 2010-2011 MVC mens basketball season?

Creighton
25%
Missouri State
13%
Northern Iowa
49%
Wichita State
13%

Total votes : 63

Postby MVCfans » September 20th, 2010, 6:07 am

Each week we will open a poll for users to predict the end of season finish for the MVC 2010-2011 basketball season. We will work in reverse order, concluding with the predicted MVC champion chosen by our users between the last two teams remaining in week 9 (just in time for MVC media days).

Last week, Bradley was predicted to finish in 5th place.

Week 7 - Who will finish in 4th place during the 2010-2011 MVC mens basketball season?

-You are choosing the team that you believe will finish in 4th place for this regular season. Poll open until the evening of Friday 9/24.

Official MVCfans.com - Predictions:
10th Place - Evansville
9th Place - Southern Illinois
8th Place - Drake
7th Place - Illinois State
6th Place - Indiana State
5th Place - Bradley
4th Place - .........
MVCfans
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Official MVCfans.com Prediction - 4th Place

Postby WSUbballer » September 20th, 2010, 7:26 pm

I must commend the 4 people voting for WSU every week. Very consistent and very helpful to the poll.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 20th, 2010, 9:33 pm

WSUbballer wrote:I must commend the 4 people voting for WSU every week. Very consistent and very helpful to the poll.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I only did it one week, not this week. This week I voted for UNI, they simply lost too much from last year.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Little Eddie » September 21st, 2010, 7:48 am

This poll will be interesting when 3rd and 2nd come around...so far I believe the poll has followed my original picks perfectly...and w/ UNI way out and front, that trend will continue. Looking forward to next week to see what happens.
Little Eddie
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Snapshot9 » September 21st, 2010, 9:36 pm

Interesting - I have seen other polls that show Creighton 2nd, but I don't know. Even though Creighton may have more talent than Northern Iowa, I really think Jacobsen is a better coach than McDermott is. I could see Northern Iowa gellin, and Creighton not quite gellin, and it could be interesting for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Of course, I am a Shocker, and I think our guys will win the conference ... LOL :mrgreen:
Snapshot9
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » September 22nd, 2010, 11:58 am

UNI is a solid pick. But I think they are/will be better than Creighton.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » September 22nd, 2010, 12:25 pm

I chose Creighton as well, but I think the unknows about both teams make it a toss-up. UNI has stability going for them, and Creighton seems to have enough talent. We will see if McDermott can make the talent gel better than he did at Iowa State.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby snoopj » September 22nd, 2010, 12:40 pm

I think 4th place is a good safe pick for UNI. It's going to be an up and down season with the loss of all the seniors from last year. They are going to win a couple of games that maybe they probably shouldn't and have a couple of headscratchers against teams they probably should have beaten. Even that out, that's around a 10-8/11-7 type of season and that's been good enough for 4th place the last couple of years.

That's still enough to be considered in in the top tier, but that is an awfully lot to replace from last year's team.
University of Northern Iowa Class of 2000....however, an overall fan of the Missouri Valley Conference.
snoopj
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby bigdawg » September 22nd, 2010, 2:09 pm

I think the margin by which UNI is being voted 4th is more a result of lots of Jays and Shox fans being registered here compared to Panther fans rather than an overwhelming number of fans who think they will actually finish 4th.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » September 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm

bigdawg wrote:I think the margin by which UNI is being voted 4th is more a result of lots of Jays and Shox fans being registered here compared to Panther fans rather than an overwhelming number of fans who think they will actually finish 4th.

That could be, but that's all part of how a conference-wide message board works. These things aren't exactly scientific!
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball