UNI vs Milwaukee

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI vs Milwaukee

Postby Wufan » December 11th, 2011, 4:31 pm

The UNI faithful should be quite proud of their athletic achievements! Very nice program indeed, but it really is a shame to only have 4000 in attendance for a top 25 RPI team 8-10 games in.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby unipanther99 » December 11th, 2011, 8:08 pm

No excuses... it was a crappy crowd. I really wish there were two less though, the idiots that have been sitting behind me this season won't shut up... Constant running commentary of the officials, who should be playing, etc.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby strike00 » December 11th, 2011, 9:03 pm

people might have been still licking their wounds from the night before, who knows. Attendance will pick up a little bit now as people get into basketball mode. (I hope)
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » December 11th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Attendance will only be good for games with the likes of Creighton, and Wichita. Possibly the Drake game. It is a shame we can sell out a game against a bad Iowa team, but a good Wisconsin-Milwaukee comes to town and we get as few as we did. Fans only show up to games against the good conference teams, and the instate schools. Unless, of course, we are repeating the magic of 2009-10. The thing is a lot of the people not showing up are season ticket holders. It is a shame people don't realize what a great show they are missing. This is a very good team, and the games really are entertaining to attend.

Hopefully things turn around in the attendance department, but I am not holding my breath.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » December 11th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Attendance is an issue. Idk what it is about UNI fans. So hard to predict or depend on when it comes to attendance.

I will say though, that for whatever reason, attendance is always weaker during the first part of the season during the non-conf schedule. Once we hit the conference schedule and football is all over, it usually picks up pretty well.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » December 11th, 2011, 9:39 pm

I too am curious about this attendance issue at UNI. What is there to do in Cedarloo that keeps people away? Forgive the question Panther fans but when I was up there, it did not appear that there was a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar. Just curious why people stay away. Is it possible that Jacobsen's style of play is a factor?
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby unipanther99 » December 11th, 2011, 10:10 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I too am curious about this attendance issue at UNI. What is there to do in Cedarloo that keeps people away? Forgive the question Panther fans but when I was up there, it did not appear that there was a lot of competition for the entertainment dollar. Just curious why people stay away. Is it possible that Jacobsen's style of play is a factor?

No.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby DoubleJayAlum » December 12th, 2011, 10:18 am

Kyle wrote:UNI has a history of drawing very few fans when playing an unfamiliar opponent.

They also have a history of drawing few fans when playing a familiar opponent.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » December 12th, 2011, 10:46 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Kyle wrote:UNI has a history of drawing very few fans when playing an unfamiliar opponent.

They also have a history of drawing few fans when playing a familiar opponent.

Hey now... I'm pretty sure we hold the record for single home game attendance for all Valley schools:
http://wcfcourier.com/image_3d7f2b90-71 ... 25c2d.html

Then again, there is also this to consider:
http://www.vpaf.uni.edu/unidome/virtual ... ndex.shtml

Ahhh... The good ole days.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball