Updated RPIs - December 10. 2011

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Updated RPIs - December 10. 2011

Postby strike00 » December 11th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I agree, no reason for fans to take it one game at a time. It's much less boring to look ahead and speculate. Like was stated before, nothing said on a message board will have an impact on a teams play at all.
strike00
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby WSUbballer » December 11th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Kyle wrote:Dude, why do you think message boards exist? For all I care, fans can speculate about anything and everything. It makes literally no impact on the team's performance.

Agreed, but it can come back to make people look like idiots, i.e. the Indiana State fanbase. In fact, I gotta bump that magical Vanderbilt thread this week and get a few laughs out of it.

I definitely agree that you can say whatever you want on a message board, look ahead, and of course, it won't affect the actual teams. But I wouldn't go too far or it could come back at ya and give your message board profile a hit, again referring to the Sycamore fanbase as an example. You definitely wouldn't wanna have those types of connotations attached to you.

Kyle wrote:And there is actually a lot of reasons to be talking about being ranked. One big one iswe are already getting votes.

1 vote or 2?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Heinro » December 12th, 2011, 3:18 am

First off I don't see UNI being ranked anytime soon. If they are 15-1 when they play Creighton then I do think that would be a better possibility even though that is a tall order with 2 Valley road games and InSU/UE at home.

A more interesting aspect is, for the first time in a while, we will have 3 teams (CU, UNI, and WSU) that will likely be getting votes in the polls and 4 teams with top 50 RPIs when out of conference play is finished, not considering the bracket busters. That is a good sign for the Valley and a good sign that we will finally be getting away from our 1 bid status.

It would be great for the Valley to have a couple of teams in the polls. I'd love to see CU come into Koch with both teams being in the top 25. That would set us up for a big time ESPN match up between 2 schools that are in the national spotlight and primed for some noise in March. Likewise for a UNI/CU match up later down the road.

Then again shame on me for looking ahead, which is not meant to dog on the earlier posts. Even though it has no effect on the team it does have an effect on my emotions. In the past I have always found that when I start looking ahead, boom something unexpected happens, and then it is even more disappointing when it does.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BirdmanBB » December 12th, 2011, 8:33 am

I have a hard time seeing UNI beating us at home in the opener if if we are having one of our "on" shooting nights.

The last time we beat UNI was in the 07-08 season (the year we lost to Drake by 30 :Beer: ). We have played them to the wire in most games after that. We returned our good players from last year and added much needed scoring and a very good pg. This is the year...... :buddies:
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball