Katz gives UNI credit

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Katz gives UNI credit

Postby unipanther99 » December 13th, 2011, 1:24 pm

Minnesota is scary, not because of the program, but the location. Ben is from North Dakota and still has family there.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » December 13th, 2011, 4:29 pm

unipanther99 wrote:Agreed... The aTm chair was pulled out for him after this past season and he didn't sit down. I think it would take a certain program for him go go. Something like Wisconsin or Minnesota. Here's hoping the Gophers have a strong season.

I don't see Bo Ryan leaving Wisconsin UNLESS he goes somewhere else. Tubby is probably ok too unless they don't make the tournament for the next couple years.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Hail Our Panthers » December 13th, 2011, 5:41 pm

Jet915 wrote:I don't see Bo Ryan leaving Wisconsin UNLESS he goes somewhere else. Tubby is probably ok too unless they don't make the tournament for the next couple years.

I guess I only see Bo Ryan leaving by retiring (or, ya know, getting fired after one of his assistants is caught messing around). He's gotta be 65 and he has taken his program to nearly the highest level. What more would he want at this stage of his career? I don't know him personally at all so thats obviously speculation
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MSUDuo » December 13th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Hail Our Panthers wrote:
Jet915 wrote:I don't see Bo Ryan leaving Wisconsin UNLESS he goes somewhere else. Tubby is probably ok too unless they don't make the tournament for the next couple years.

I guess I only see Bo Ryan leaving by retiring (or, ya know, getting fired after one of his assistants is caught messing around). He's gotta be 65 and he has taken his program to nearly the highest level. What more would he want at this stage of his career? I don't know him personally at all so thats obviously speculation

To coach because he loves it? Heaven forbid someone actually loves what they do...
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Hail Our Panthers » December 13th, 2011, 7:45 pm

MSUDuo wrote:
To coach because he loves it? Heaven forbid someone actually loves what they do...

I wasn't trying to imply that he should stop coaching any time soon. When he does leave...I don't think it will be for another job. I think he will coach for many more years at Wisconsin and when he's ready to be done, he will retire.
Hail Our Panthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » December 13th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Hail Our Panthers wrote:

Yeah Bo is 63, and he has only coached in the state of Wisconsin for his entire career. I really don't see him going anywhere until he retires.
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kyle » December 13th, 2011, 9:18 pm

On a somewhat related note, Bo nearly lost tonight (60-54) to the same UW Milwaukee team UNI just stomped by 16 in the McLoed Center last week. UW Milwaukee was also without their starting forward tonight.
Kyle
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » December 13th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Hail Our Panthers wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:

I wasn't trying to imply that he should stop coaching any time soon. When he does leave...I don't think it will be for another job. I think he will coach for many more years at Wisconsin and when he's ready to be done, he will retire.

Gotcha. My bad
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball