Questions Of The Day - WSU vs. Chicago St Game Thread

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Questions Of The Day - WSU vs. Chicago St Game Thread

Postby BirdmanBB » December 14th, 2011, 9:59 pm

It was a Chicago St. special. Buy one get 3 free.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 14th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Aargh wrote:Lead hits 20 with 5:05 left in the first half. The Shox are playing deep bench quite a bit.

This could hit 50, unless Marshall tells the players to stop shooting. Especially the layup drills they've been running lately.

Prescient.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 14th, 2011, 10:08 pm

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I am still curious as to why 4 Valley teams were playing what is the worst team in college basketball?

1. Brain twister.
2. Zero sense.
3. Experience for the inexperienced.
4. Resume builder.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pafan » December 14th, 2011, 10:29 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
UNIFanSince1983 wrote:I am still curious as to why 4 Valley teams were playing what is the worst team in college basketball?

1. Brain twister.
2. Zero sense.
3. Experience for the inexperienced.
4. Resume builder.

Let me guess:
1. SIU
2. WSU
3. CU
4. ILSU
sad Evansville alum
pafan
MVC Valued Member
MVC Valued Member

Postby WSUbballer » December 14th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Apologies to the Panther fan(s) who thought we were classless in giving our bench way more minutes than our starters. I think most starters didn't see more than 5 minutes of ball in the second half.

Way to read a box score past the final score.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » December 15th, 2011, 12:10 am

At some point, do you tell the scrubs no shots before 5 seconds left on the shot clock? I mean, this isn't high school where you can tell them to pass the ball 15 times before a shot.

I know Chicago State has no money, no history, bad facilities, and no student interest... But they are still in the city of Chicago. You would think they could put together a halfway decent team once in a while, but they've just been awful forever.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby WSUbballer » December 15th, 2011, 12:20 am

unipanther99 wrote:I know Chicago State has no money, no history, bad facilities, and no student interest... But they are still in the city of Chicago. You would think they could put together a halfway decent team once in a while, but they've just been awful forever.

During the exciting gameplay, I managed to have this same conversation going with others around us at the game. We play D-2 Newman next and I'm quite positive they would run Chicago State into the ground. They don't have good form in their shots. You kinda feel sorry for them and wonder how they can come out every night and put forth effort getting drilled like they do.

I really hope we steer away from these teams in the future. Our RPI was 28 going into the game and our 50-point win over them has resulted in a drop to 50 in the RPI. Absolutely horrid.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Heinro » December 15th, 2011, 2:34 am

WSUbballer wrote:I really hope we steer away from these teams in the future. Our RPI was 28 going into the game and our 50-point win over them has resulted in a drop to 50 in the RPI. Absolutely horrid.

Hurts, the thought that we have to play SIU twice makes me want to puke :Bam:. Wish the league could just vote to disqualify them the rest of the season.
Thoughts and prayers to WSU finding a new conference.
Heinro
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Bluejay09Bear06 » December 15th, 2011, 10:43 am

Did anyone else notice that Chicago State almost beat DePaul? I did a double-take on this box score. Either DePaul is just that bad or Chicago State plays better in their home city:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313440305
Bluejay09Bear06
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby isumvc1 » December 15th, 2011, 6:04 pm

I was paying attention to that game and noticed that too, (that CSU nearly won).

CSU has to be the biggest mystery in all of D-I athletics, first they pull out of the Mid-Con to go independent status (for what???) Their athletic teams are the worst in every sport. But if you look at their basketball arena, it's pretty da*n nice. That is one school I just don't get, they would struggle at the NAIA level I think. It's very similar to the way our football program was prior to Trent Miles taking over (at Indiana State)

http://www.gocsucougars.com/sports/2008 ... ath=mbball

Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Chicago State almost beat DePaul? I did a double-take on this box score. Either DePaul is just that bad or Chicago State plays better in their home city:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=313440305
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball