Bradley at George Washington

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Bradley at George Washington

Postby Aargh » December 15th, 2011, 9:17 pm

If BU is one of the bottom 3 teams this season, the Valley is looking pretty strong right now.

BU is looking like a potential borderline top-100 team. The bottom 3, UE, IlSU, and SIU, are DEFINITELY not looking like borderline top-200 teams.

BU sems to be getting better as the season progresses. Not unusual with a new coach and new system. If BU continues that trend, they are going to be in the hunt to avoid Thursday night in St. Lou.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MoBraves » December 15th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Aargh wrote:
If BU is one of the bottom 3 teams this season, the Valley is looking pretty strong right now.

BU sems to be getting better as the season progresses. Not unusual with a new coach and new system. If BU continues that trend, they are going to be in the hunt to avoid Thursday night in St. Lou.

That's what we're hoping for this year - a fighting chance to stay out of Thursday.
That would be a big stepping stone in Geno's era as BU head coach.
If Walt plays close to the way he's played in the last 2 - 3 games, we have a pretty strong trio in Walt, Dyricus, & Taylor. Our depth is a weakness, but last year, wr pretty much leaned on Drew Warren to carry us offensively, but this year, the scoring punch comes from 3 guys.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby UE 71 » December 15th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Congrats, nice win for the Braves.
UE 71
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » December 15th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Good win Braves! I actually expect a very mediocre I'll St team this year. I'm not sure if their RPI will show it, but they will be dangerous.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bcg » December 16th, 2011, 7:13 am

I thought Bradley's only chance to win on the road this year would be in Carbondale. So I'm definately happy with this result. Maybe this team does have a little outside shooting.
bcg
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » December 16th, 2011, 10:26 am

Real nice win for the Braves. They have shot the ball better from the perimeter the last two games and it is no coincedence they have looked better.

Walt Lemon Jr, is, at the very least, exciting as hell to watch. He will have clunker games like has had twice this year but he has really improved and is playing with tons of confidence. Easily he is the one guy who benefits immensily from Geno Ford's style of play and freedom in the system.

Its nice to win when one of your better players, Simms Edwards, doesn't play well. Jake Eastman, after missing something like 17 threes in a row, made four out of five last night...that will help. It also seems as if Coach Ford has found the right mix of guys from a playing time standpoint.

It will be a huge struggle to stay out of Thursday night for Bradley but doing so would mean Geno did a great job with this group.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoBraves » December 16th, 2011, 11:01 am

bcg wrote:I thought Bradley's only chance to win on the road this year would be in Carbondale. So I'm definately happy with this result. Maybe this team does have a little outside shooting.

We still have a few important non-conf. games (@ Drexel, @ Michigan, vs. Western Car.) before I make any prediction about how the Braves will fare in the Valley season.

They should win in Carbondale, but I would also give them a chance on the road vs. teams like UE, ISU (red), DU. And this team seems to be getting better since the loss at Wyoming.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » December 16th, 2011, 11:58 am

I'll eat some crow if it happens, but BU simply doesn't have the post play to beat us (redbirds) at home or on the road and it has been that way for the last 2 1/2 seasons (5 game streak). Beyond that, they actually haven't won at our place since 06-07.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » December 16th, 2011, 7:40 pm

BirdmanBB wrote:I'll eat some crow if it happens, but BU simply doesn't have the post play to beat us (redbirds) at home or on the road and it has been that way for the last 2 1/2 seasons (5 game streak). Beyond that, they actually haven't won at our place since 06-07.

True..but Jim Les isn't coaching anymore so that's at least a +10 point swing in BU's favor ;)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » December 17th, 2011, 9:01 am

This is a really nice win for Bradley. If you take SIU out of the equation then I think top to bottom the MVC looks really good this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball