Indiana State @ Vanderbilt 5:30 pm

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Indiana State @ Vanderbilt 5:30 pm

Postby WSUbballer » December 17th, 2011, 10:14 pm

This will probably open the floodgates back up from Terre Haute.

Regardless, it was a good win.
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » December 17th, 2011, 10:16 pm

WSUbballer wrote:This will probably open the floodgates back up from Terre Haute.

Regardless, it was a good win.

I thought the same thing but hey, this win is great for the valley overall so I can bear it.
Jet915
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby pawball » December 17th, 2011, 10:32 pm

And you gotta take it with a grain.....Vandy was ranked in 40's in most ratings systems, except the RPI, where it is #13. They didn't look like a Top 25 team. Still, a great road win for the Valley.
pawball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby TheTorontoValley » December 17th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Awesome win for ISU. From a personal standpoint, it definitely makes the Minnesota and Boise State games even more painful knowing those games were within reach.

Either way, if we close out the Non-Conference schedule at 9-2 I'm not going to complain. Assuming the Valley holds strong in the last week and nobody gets beaten up too badly in the Conference season, I think there's a good chance we're looking at 3 teams come dancing time.
Follow me on Twitter @scottcampbelljr
TheTorontoValley
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Wufan » December 18th, 2011, 6:49 am

There are four teams that "did enough" in the non-con. The two or three that are able to continue that success through the MVC schedule will get strong consideration.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » December 18th, 2011, 9:54 am

Vanderbilt is a real disaster this year. Indiana State did what they needed to do so you have to give them credit. That building isn't really too much of a homecourt advantage so it was real nice scheduling by the Trees. Vandy should still be able to do enough to scrape together an NCAA bid so that will count as a quality victory for ISU.

As for the talk of 4 teams in the Dance. Way premature. I don't know if anyone has paid a lot of attention lately but we are lucky to get two teams in. The committee will do us no favors.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » December 18th, 2011, 10:17 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:As for the talk of 4 teams in the Dance. Way premature. I don't know if anyone has paid a lot of attention lately but we are lucky to get two teams in. The committee will do us no favors.

Nope, Casey, you're the only one who noticed that the MVC has only gotten 1 team in the last 4 years. :huh:

I know it's premature to speculate 4 teams getting in this year. The difference between this year and the previous 4, is that the MVC has four teams that have put together an out of conference performance that might merit them getting in. Not the case in 2008-2011.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BirdmanBB » December 18th, 2011, 10:23 am

The biggest difference is that we have 4 teams now who have put together signature wins in the non-conference. It will be hard for the committee to ignore us this time when they are putting in good teams that we have beaten.

We also have teams in the middle who are putting up decent enough wins so losses in conference won't be killer. Perfect storm is happening again this year. There's still time for another team to jump into the fold in conference since we will have more quality games within the conference.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » December 18th, 2011, 11:11 am

DUBulldog wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:As for the talk of 4 teams in the Dance. Way premature. I don't know if anyone has paid a lot of attention lately but we are lucky to get two teams in. The committee will do us no favors.

Nope, Casey, you're the only one who noticed that the MVC has only gotten 1 team in the last 4 years. :huh:

I know it's premature to speculate 4 teams getting in this year. The difference between this year and the previous 4, is that the MVC has four teams that have put together an out of conference performance that might merit them getting in. Not the case in 2008-2011.

There is more meat on the bones this year, more substance to the resumes this year. I agree with that. However consider me jaded on past history particularly in regards to MSU. I would be floored with four but maybe I am wrong.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » December 18th, 2011, 11:49 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:

There is more meat on the bones this year, more substance to the resumes this year. I agree with that. However consider me jaded on past history particularly in regards to MSU. I would be floored with four but maybe I am wrong.

I'm with you there....I don't think we get 4. But, I think 2-3 is certainly realistic this year.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball